+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FORTcon Favorite Memories

Well, it wasn't my intention to make anyone feel guilty. I was happy to spend it, if the end result was as good a time as we all had. I just didn't want anyone to think something like this is cheap or easy to pull together - in fact, it took a lot of planning and a lot of money to make happen.

Next year's registration fees will be more in line with what we'll need to have, to make less of an impact on my wallet. And if anyone feels like throwing extra at me to blow on the craps table, well, I won't say no

Quote Originally Posted by John
    And if anyone feels like throwing extra at me to blow on the craps table, well, I won't say no
    Mm. Now, craps would be a fun game, only if we can get a big group standing at the same table, yelling and carrying on. ("Let it ride one more time, cowboy!" "Baby needs a new server!")

Usually, I like Pai Gow Poker, which would be a great way for small groups to sit together and play. It's a great game, too, even for beginners, since it's easy to learn, our play wouldn't affect one another's outcome, there's little strategy involved on the part of the player, and you get a lot of mileage out of your stake.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by John
    And if anyone feels like throwing extra at me to blow on the craps table, well, I won't say no
    Will we be able to keep half of the winnings?

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Mm. Now, craps would be a fun game, only if we can get a big group standing at the same table, yelling and carrying on. ("Let it ride one more time, cowboy!" "Baby needs a new server!")
    You're a riot, Phat!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    First of all, this was one of the best weekends I’ve EVER had. I never would have done something like this a year ago – basically because I lacked the confidence. But because of all the awesome *friends* I’ve met through Fort, this was something I couldn’t wait to do, and truth be told, it was incredibly liberating.

Too many awesome moments to list, but here are some that come to mind:

* Libs and Unk picking me up at the airport and all the hugs that ensued. Airport Security even called Lib’s cell phone and let her past Security to pick up my blind happy ass.

* Finally being able to meet My Sweet Manny and giving him a huge hug (hope I didn’t squeeze you too tight, M’Love )

* Meeting The Blue Meanies and falling in love with Mrs. Meanie and all her snarkiness.

* Finding out that Star is just as sweet and kind in real life as she is at Fort.

* Listening to Lucy’s deep, intoxicating southern accent.

* Every time Paulie would say “Hi” to me, I’d always have to ask “who is that?”. I guess I was just expecting to hear James Spader’s voice each time.

* Unk and John (and many others…) ALWAYS making sure I was okay. See – I left my helmet and harness at home and only brought my cane.

* Totally hitting it off with LG and finding out just how hilarious and nutty she is.

* Meeting the TAR Guys who were totally cool. Even when I leaned into Steve and asked for my lipstick (I thought he was Unk who was kind enough to hold my lipstick).

* Libs putting on my eye make-up while I looked into my 8X magnification mirror and repeatedly saying “I really can’t see it -- I think it needs to be darker” and her reassuring me that it was PLENTY dark enough.

* Talking to the lovely Sher (you’re the sweetest ). Then the naughty comments from Sher, S.C. and LG about what my white cane, when folded up, looked like.:nono Hey you guys -- get your own.

* Awww, spending hours talking with my Snowy-Punkin-Puddin’-Pie in her room while the rest of the gang went on the sight-seeing excursion. It was like we had known each other forever. And meeting her extremely doting, Brooklyn accented Snowman and my newly adopted SnowMama. You both rock.

* Getting to know Amanda even better than through the pm’s we’ve exchanged. You’re one cool chick. Word.

* Hanging out with the spunky and playful OTiS and the lovely “voice of an angel” Shazzalicious.

* Being ever so surprised to meet Daddy Phat (I didn’t know you were going, dude) and giving him a great big hug for graciously researching the internet and finding me a FREE “Text to Speech” program for my computer. Not only that, you’re funnier than hell.

* The last of us – Me, Libs, The Meanies, OTiS and Manny -- hanging out Monday morning in Lib’s and my room saying our goodbyes.

Thanks to John, Star and everyone who put this incredible event together.

Can’t wait for FORTcon 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    * Being ever so surprised to meet Daddy Phat (I didn’t know you were going, dude) and giving him a great big hug for graciously researching the internet and finding me a FREE “Text to Speech” program for my computer. Not only that, you’re funnier than hell.
    One of my best memories was, indeed, your turning around when I first met everyone in the hospitality room, your asking, "Who's that?!" and when someone (John?) said, 'It's phat32," you charged me and hugged me so hard, I was almost tackled like a running back!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I know -- sometimes I can be overly excitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I know -- sometimes I can be overly excitable.
    So...Jewels...How you doin'?

What a great thread. Reading through this brings back a flood of wonderful memories.

I have shied away from posting in here, however, because I can't seem to find words sufficient enough to describe how special it was for me to meet all of you at FORTcon. I may never be able to properly convey that, so I'll just say that I truly will treasure the time we spent together and I only hope that those of you were there know how much it meant to me to be in Chicago.

And...I love you guys!

(Even though one of you may have given me the flu that has since turned into acute bronchitis--which, let me tell you, is not in the least bit cute! )

BTW, SnowMan and SnowMom, who had absolutely no idea what to expect from FORTcon, were absolutely delighted to meet you all and had an absolute blast. I'm sure they would tell you this themselves were it not for the fact that they are even more computer-challenged than I am (I think they just checked for their email on the microwave).

Oh yeah, did I mention already...I LOVE YOU ALL!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234