+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon Favorite Memories

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I really don't have any specific moments that were highlights of the weekend, but I still have that warm fuzzy feeling from meeting all of you and having such a good time. I just hope it lasts until I can get another fortcon fix.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Wow, there are entirely too many great memories of FortCon for me to really even post. Reading through what you guys have put isn't making my "Fortsickness" any better, you know!

Here are a couple things that come to mind; I'll probably add more later. Suffice to say that I adored all of you, and it was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. Here's another because I'm a big ol' sap.

Being the first one downstairs to register and meeting/chatting with Stargazer and Paulie. Of course, even though I was the first to arrive, I was still late by a couple minutes, but they didn't care.

Meeting Jewelsy face-to-face for the first time and giving her a big ol' hug.

Getting to meet Lucy and hearing her awesome voice!

Talking with John during the whole weekend.

The scrumptious dinner at Shoeless Joe's, learning how to order drinks in Spanish from LG, and the ride home with Hector and Cell Phone Guy.

Rushing off to search for the MIA Snowy, only to meet her and her great family coming down the hall!

Hanging out at the hotel bar until 3 AM with The Whole Gang each night and talking up a storm.

Learning that I share a psychic twin connection with Shazzer and Spegs . . . we're like the three musketeers (or the three stooges). In fact, I'm afraid my cell body may be breaking up since we've been separated.

The human chain to stay warm and stay alive at Navy Pier, and everything else about that outing. When my parents disappeared for a moment at lunch, everyone offered to adopt me and just trade me off every few months, starting with Daddy Phat.

The Amazing Race to get home in the cold.

The trip to Sears Tower . . . laughing at the educational films with LG, Phat, and Wolf.

Dinner with Shazzer, OTS, Libra, and The Meanies at the Ram, followed by a hilarious after-party in Jewelsy's room.

Gah! I miss you all! Thanks, everyone, for the good times. Thank goodness we can still chat every night on here until Vegas, baby!
    Last edited by Mantenna; 10-21-2004 at 01:02 AM.

The whole weekend was great for me. Some of the highlights would be:
    Jewels fashion show in her room as she showed me her outfits for the weekend.
    Listening to Phat getting all giddy discussing gaming with Sher & S.C.
    LG & S.C. doing their Name That Tune thing
    Almost falling on my butt on the train
    The trip to Navy Pier was a hoot.
    Stumbling back to Phat's room with Jewels, Libs, & John.
    Meeting Jewels, Libs, Star, & Lucy in person after spending entirely too much time together in the various party threads
    Meeting my very first FORT friend the lovely SnowFlakeGirl and family and realizing she's even sweeter in person
    The way this diverse group of people bonded and made me feel like a special part of the group
    Do we really have to wait a whole year to do this again?

BTW, since Manny's dad is Blue Meanie does this mean that Manny's name is Manny Meanie?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The blonde waitress at Shoeless Joe's who kept leaning over the backside of the bar to talk to a patron over there. She had impossibly short shorts. Phat, you know what I'm talkin' about.

Telling Phat "we need an exit" when trying to find the trolley stop. I felt so Matrixy.
    Oh, I feel ya, dawg, I feel ya. If her shorts were any higher, she would have been wearing them around her head.

And I'm just your Operator, John; you'll always be our Morpheus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Breakfast with John, LG, and Phat32 on Sunday morning.
    If memory serves, no one was moving particularly quickly at breakfast that morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Finding virtually everyone killing time before the ghost ship by hanging out in the bar at 3 p.m. No, we didn't drink much, why do you ask?
    Did you know we looked in three of those mall bars before we decided that one was suitable?

"I've walked farther for a drink," I told John during the death march, "but not too often."

"Oh, I've walked farther," John said.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Finding out that each person's personality was *exactly* what I expected. I was only surprised that some could be even cooler in person than they are online.
    I couldn't agree more. Not a phony or poseur in the bunch, and you usually find one or two, even among a small online-to-real life meeting. I felt as if I'd known everyone for years, and in a way, I had.

Quote Originally Posted by onetvslave
    Breakfast at Denny's

Talking about music with Manny.
    Whaaat!! And just when were you going to share the location of this Secret Denny's with the rest of us?? I certainly could have gone for a Moons Over My Hammy after that first night. Besides, what if someone were having a birthday?

I was over your with Manny. The smiley made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    When my parents disappeared for a moment at lunch, everyone offered to adopt me and just trade me off every few months, starting with Daddy Phat.
    ...And you are still welcome, so long as you don't mind the unbelievable filth, empty whiskey bottles and pizza boxes, overfilling ashtrays, and endless parade of biker chicks, pushers, cross-dressers, "fringe" people, Hell's Angels, and Republicans who are constantly rotating in and out of my apartment. Oh, you'll have to sleep in the same room I keep the meth lab, too.

Quote Originally Posted by UnkleScott
    BTW, since Manny's dad is Blue Meanie does this mean that Manny's name is Manny Meanie?
    And on that note...

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Did you know we looked in three of those mall bars before we decided that one was suitable?
    ...And I should add this was not the work of one or two people, but a consensus by all to relax in the bar closest to the Ghost Ship, which, incidentally, was in the opposite direction from where we were standing at the time!

... empty whiskey bottles and pizza boxes, overfilling ashtrays, and endless parade of biker chicks, pushers, cross-dressers, "fringe" people, Hell's Angels, and Republicans who are constantly rotating in and out of my apartment. Oh, you'll have to sleep in the same room I keep the meth lab, too.
    Will you adopt me?

...And you are still welcome, so long as you don't mind the unbelievable filth, empty whiskey bottles and pizza boxes, overfilling ashtrays, and endless parade of biker chicks, pushers, cross-dressers, "fringe" people, Hell's Angels, and Republicans who are constantly rotating in and out of my apartment. Oh, you'll have to sleep in the same room I keep the meth lab, too.
    What kind of environment is that for a young man? I'm thinking Mama Lucy and Sister Shazz will be filing for sole custody.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Can I get holidays and weekends?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    What kind of environment is that for a young man? I'm thinking Mama Lucy and Sister Shazz will be filing for sole custody.
    Sorry guys -- he's mine. Papers were filed months ago.

LG.
    It's funny you were all making plans to adopt Manny. I met up with the Meanies while separated from everyone else at Navy Pier and was kind of hoping that they'd adopt me. Of course they're way too young to become instant grandparents, even though Lil LG is very lovely. Ha ha, if ABC wants to spin off Lost as a reality show, we could make it LOST: In the Shopping Center. How will these tourists survive. Will anyone ever make it back to the hotel in time to nibble off the enormous cheese platter?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast