+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Most Common Things Overheard at FORTcon

Top Ten Most Common Things Overheard at FORTcon

10. "Do you find yourself calling people by their screen names even though you know their real names?"

9. "I need coffee." (John only)

8. "May we adopt Manny?"

7. "Why am I chain smoking?"

6. "What time is it? What do you mean, 'Why'? Because I'm usually logged into the FoRT at this time!"

5. "Did we miss the stop?"

4. "I walked out to look for a restaurant or anything. But nothing!"

3. "Is everyone here? No? Oh, [person] went to the bathroom first..."

2. "Do you have the exact change for this thing?"

And the number one most commonly heard statement during FORTcon is:

(TIE)
    1. "Vegas, baby!"
    or
    1. "Who needs another drink?"

FORT Fogey
    phat...

You are too friggin' funny... your posts (as well as others from FORTcon) have really made me feel like being there! Thanks a lot guys!

That's funny Phat! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun

wow, I wasn't there, but I woulda thought: "Man, John is really that tall" woulda made the list

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. Hope to be able to come to the next one
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    ... "Do you find yourself calling people by their screen names even though you know their real names?"...
    I can totally see myself doing this one. Too funny, phat!

LG.
    now Phat, you know one of the most commonly heard things at FORTcon was "Praise Jesus!" but that was overheard from the other convention at our hotel. The SPEGS contingency can TESTIFY that they got to heard the good news morning, noon and night.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    now Phat, you know one of the most commonly heard things at FORTcon was "Praise Jesus!" but that was overheard from the other convention at our hotel. The SPEGS contingency can TESTIFY that they got to heard the good news morning, noon and night.
    Yes, somehow they got us confused with that other convention and put us on their floor. We got this close --><-- to being saved . (I guess when we were checking in, we didn't look like "those people" who go meet strangers off the internet.)
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I think if you'd bought one of those candy apples, Spegs, your conversion would have been a done deal.

And yeah, comments on John's height did make up a lot of the conversation. Also frequently heard: "I'm #$%#$ freezing!"
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    (I guess when we were checking in, we didn't look like "those people" who go meet strangers off the internet.)
    BTW, the daughter did ask how "those people" were. I told her we all got along so well we were starting a commune in Boise, Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    You are too friggin' funny... your posts (as well as others from FORTcon) have really made me feel like being there! Thanks a lot guys
    De nada, compadre. Tell you what, though: Next year, do one better and come out. I promise you that any reservations you have about showing up (for whatever reason) will disappear in the space of the first five minutes the first time someone you feel you've "known" for so long smiles at you and shakes your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. Hope to be able to come to the next one
    Then make like a Nike and just do it, cali.

Quote Originally Posted by dinahann
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    "Do you find yourself calling people by their screen names even though you know their real names?"
    I can totally see myself doing this one. Too funny, phat!
    The funniest part is, you don't know if you're all doing it because it's easier or if it's because you've forgotten each other's names as soon as you learn them.

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    The SPEGS contingency can TESTIFY that they got to heard the good news morning, noon and night.
    Hm. The problem with being asked to "Testify!" is that, too often, this is a "smack talk" tactic in professional wrestling, so if one of their pastors had asked me to "testify," I may have challenged him to a Lumberjack/Loser-Leaves-Town match. You can slip me a roll of quarters to smash him over the head with, though.
    Last edited by phat32; 10-20-2004 at 12:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast