+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Most Common Things Overheard at FORTcon

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    The funniest part is, you don't know if you're all doing it because it's easier or if it's because you've forgotten each other's names as soon as you learn them.
    A couple of times John would say something like "we're waitng on Andy, he'll be back in a minute." I'm going "Who?" and he'd say "Phat" You are so right on that one Phat.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    BTW, the daughter did ask how "those people" were. I told her we all got along so well we were starting a commune in Boise, Idaho.
    Did she really use that language? I would have loved to ask her what "those" sort of people look like.

A couple of times John would say something like "we're waitng on Andy, he'll be back in a minute." I'm going "Who?" and he'd say "Phat" You are so right on that one Phat.
    Oh, yeah. A few times I'd watch someone approach me and take a deep breath, and it was obvious they were trying to remember my name, but then they'd blurt "Hey, phat!" But it's all gravy, baby.

It totally seemed like everyone at the 'con could be divided into two groups: those who were called by their first names more often than their screen names, and those who were just opposite. I could never figure out why some people fell into one group, and some into another.

Did she really use that language? I would have loved to ask her what "those" sort of people look like.
    It all started before I left. My daughter lived here with me her senior year of college and would always ask what was being said here about the various reality shows we watched. She even knew some of the screen names as I would tell her what was posted. She said for me to call her and let her know what "those people" are like. I said "Honey, Daddy's one of those people too."

It all started before I left. My daughter lived here with me her senior year of college and would always ask what was being said here about the various reality shows we watched. She even knew some of the screen names as I would tell her what was posted. She said for me to call her and let her know what "those people" are like. I said "Honey, Daddy's one of those people too."
    Oh, yikes. Sorry. I wasn't there as early as some of you, so I missed some of the stories. I thought that the "daughter" of someone attending the ministers' con asked what sort of people we were...My bad!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I think for me it was someone yelling from across the room (or ten feet away ) "Hey Jewels" and I'be be like -- "who's that?". The hardest voice for me to recognize was Paulie's -- don't know why, but I had to ask him EVERY FREAKIN' TIME "who are you?".

Oh, and the one time I went up to one of the Amazing Race guys who I "thought" was Unk, leaned into him and asked for my lipstick (Unk was holding it for me). Yep, a bit embarrassing.

Oh, yikes. Sorry. I wasn't there as early as some of you, so I missed some of the stories. I thought that the "daughter" of someone attending the ministers' con asked what sort of people we were...My bad!
    It's cool. We were all laughing about it and then the stories started about what our friends/relatives were saying. Some people didn't tell their friends/relatives the real reason for coming to Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Oh, and the one time I went up to one of the Amazing Race guys who I "thought" was Unk, leaned into him and asked for my lipstick (Unk was holding it for me). Yep, a bit embarrassing.
    I had forgotten about that Jewels. That was funny.

And I thought Jewelsy did it on purpose. Sigh.
    I had a great time at FortCon and it was a pleasure meeting all of you. We really enjoyed answering all the questions which invariably bring back repressed memories. Ah, well. I rationalize we came in 8th out of 25,000 or so that applied. See you all in Vegas.

I can't believe that

"We are sheep"

didn't make the top 10 list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast