+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "it's Saturday morning, and I'm a bit hungover" thread

The "it's Saturday morning, and I'm a bit hungover" thread

So, here's the first apparent FORTcon report.

We had a darn good turnout yesterday. Approximately 25 people, although I lost count.

Mantenna, Blue Meanie, Mrs. Meanie, Spegs, Mr. Spegs, Wolf, John, Stargazer, Paulie, Gracie, Mr. Gracie, Libra1022, Unklescott, Sher, Mr. Sher, LG., Shazzer, OneTVslave, Jewelsy, Phat32, SnowFlakeGirl, Mr. SnowFlakeGirl, Mama SnowFlakeGirl, Amanda, Lucy, and I'm sure I'm forgetting at least someone but my brain is a litty fuzzified this morning.

Anyway, we all sat around and BS'ed through the day in the little conference room you saw - we got to know each other quite well, and it was a good time. At 7, we all hopped on a shuttle bus and went to Shoeless Joe's, except for SFG and family, who hadn't arrived yet. Unfortunately, they arrived and went to the Ram where we didn't go because they weren't able to seat us all together. But they had fun across the street, with their very first Chicago deep dish pizza experience.

We had fun at Shoeless Joe's, and had a good dinner and a few drinks. No one greatly embarassed us, although we tried pretty hard.

After dinner, we came back to the hotel bar, and had a ton of fun, until Lucy, Phat, Amanda and me closed the place at 2am. When they turn the music off and the lights on, you know you gotta go.

At one point, Unk actually wore a lampshade, but Blue Meanie couldn't get his camera out in time, so you'll have to trust me. And, according to several sources, I dance like a 6' 7" white guy.

It's 8am, I'm up with my first cup of coffee, and we're all gathering at 10am to decide what we want to do today. Concensus so far is leaning toward the haunted ship on Navy Pier. We also expect a few stragglers to join us today. Tonight is the "big thing".

There you have it. Internet access sucks here, and there aren't many laptops among the fortconners, so don'te expect too frequent updates.

Wish you all were here!!

I also wanted to mention that we're sharing the hotel and convention space with a large gathering of black evangelical ministers. I think we're freaking them the hell out

And everyone is exactly like you would have expected them to be. Funny, witty, and wonderful people with a good sense of humor. We're all having a great time and having fun.

Come on, we want the real details! Like, what did everyone have to eat and drink, and what was the conversation, and what did the lampshade look like, ie color, any dangly things? And, lastly, would one of you bring me back a huge deli dill pickle?

Darn, I really wish I got my act together and went. What a bummer.

have a great time youse guys!
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    And, according to several sources, I dance like a 6' 7" white guy.
    toooo funny. I so wish I was there.

I am just sad that I couldn't go.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Sounds like fun so far! Thanks for the update and enjoy today!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    We had a darn good turnout yesterday. Approximately 25 people, although I lost count.

Mantenna, Blue Meanie, Mrs. Meanie, Spegs, Mr. Spegs, Wolf, John, Stargazer, Paulie, Gracie, Mr. Gracie, Libra1022, Unklescott, Sher, Mr. Sher, LG., Shazzer, OneTVslave, Jewelsy, Phat32, SnowFlakeGirl, Mr. SnowFlakeGirl, Mama SnowFlakeGirl, Amanda, Lucy, and I'm sure I'm forgetting at least someone but my brain is a litty fuzzified this morning.

Tonight is the "big thing".

Wish you all were here!!
    Hey John, THANKS for the update!!! Did we see Astrogirl and dvm in the photos that were posted???

What's the "BIG THING" that's going on tonight???

I wish I was there, too, so have a great time and say "HEY" to everyone for me!!!

FORT Fogey
    dvm was not in the photos... but astrogirl was, and the one I thought might be the lovely dvm was actually the lovely SFG.

The big thing is supposed to be the major reception with the reality stars showing up, and games and the like...

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    The big thing is supposed to be the major reception with the reality stars showing up, and games and the like...
    Did they announce which "stars" were going to be in attendance?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast