+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Photos from FORTcon

I'm glad you had such a good time, Squatman! It was great meeting you, too. I'll probably collect my thoughts on the weekend later (because this forum is, like that old Cure song, Hot! Hot! Hot!), but for now, suffice to say that I just loved meeting you all and had one of the best vacations of my life!

Here's a couple of the better ones from my camera. Please forgive the thumbnails, I'm too tired right now to bother with moving them over to a hosting site.

From left to right on the pics...
    ~Jewls and myself with Steve & Dave
    ~a better pic of me with OTiS on the pier
    ~me and Sher
    ~SC, Sher, & LG waiting for the trolley
    Attached Images Attached Images

also.....

~a very cold SG on the pier
    ~Phat, John, SC, Sher waiting for the Blue Line
    ~Lucy, SG, Spegs also waiting for the train

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Seeing all of the pictures of the trip to Navy Pier makes me wish mr. gracie and I hadn't gone out on our own. Looks like you guys had a blast while we just hung around Marshall-Fields. That's ok though. I'm real good at lurking around. Next time Fortcon has to be somewhere that I don't know anyone I have to meet. I missed too much of the fun.

I had a real old fashioned camera too, but with the way I take film in to be developed it will be time for the next fortcon before I get any pictures back.
    Last edited by gracie; 10-18-2004 at 11:34 PM.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey
    The Fortcon looked like so much fun. Great pictures everyone! I think the one around the laptop truly represents the Fort though. I wish I could have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    I second that! In July there are the Jazz Festival, the Comedy Festival and F1 racing. The exchange on the US dollar in 50%, bars close at 3 AM, etc. What else am I missing Eva?
    The legal drinking age is 18!

I'm happy you all had such a great time. Thanks for all the beautiful pictures!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I don't have time to do all the smilie pictures now, so that will be later. But allow me to upload my favorite FORTcon pic: Me and Steve and Dave. You can all be jealous now.

ETA: I had the rescale the picture to upload it, so it didn't come out well, I'll see what I can do, but right now I'll go to bed.
    Last edited by astrogirl_2100; 10-19-2004 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    There was also a random stranger that Phat, LG, Wolf, and I were chatting with about superheroes. He seemed partial to Shazaam.

But in my opinion, Cell Phone Guy easily takes the prize for most memorable stranger.
    Ah yes! Cell Phone Guy takes the cake and then some.
    But the Lady Agreeing with John About Starbucks, Little Old Lady that Told Us to Follow Her, and Shazzam Guy definitley deserve Honorable mentions.

I had a great time meeting everyone. This was such a big success that hopefully more of our members will join us for the next FORTcon.

Thanks for the pictures, Libs. You've got a great eye.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    Seeing all of the pictures of the trip to Navy Pier makes me wish mr. gracie and I hadn't gone out on our own. Looks like you guys had a blast while we just hung around Marshall-Fields. That's ok though. I'm real good at lurking around. Next time Fortcon has to be somewhere that I don't know anyone I have to meet.
    Next year, Vegas? If there's some old school chum you have to look up, I'm looking at John, Manny and Scott, and the next thing you know, you're bound and gagged and headed down to the "99-cent Chi-Chi Bar" with us, whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    I think the one around the laptop truly represents the Fort though. I wish I could have gone.
    Re: the laptop--Isn't it just the spirit of the FORT? You will absolutely have to make plans for next year, pinkie. It may be hard to talk mom and dad around, though: "I've never met these people except for the Internet, but they're meeting in the most decadent city in the world. Can I go? Ex-convicts? Um, only three or four, I think..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Ah yes! Cell Phone Guy takes the cake and then some.
    But the Lady Agreeing with John About Starbucks, Little Old Lady that Told Us to Follow Her, and Shazzam Guy definitley deserve Honorable mentions.
    Remember how Shazzam Guy acted out how the character goes from Billy Batson to Shazzam...? (Looking into the air and yelling "SHAZZAM!!") Thank god we didn't ask him to demonstrate how Blade kills vampires...

Angel boy
    I must have missed something, but who are Steve and Dave?
    America- love it or leave it!

+ Reply to Thread