+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Photos from FORTcon

There was also a random stranger that Phat, LG, Wolf, and I were chatting with about superheroes. He seemed partial to Shazaam.

But in my opinion, Cell Phone Guy easily takes the prize for most memorable stranger.

Libs! OTiS! Glad to see you guys, and hope you both had a nice trip home.

John, I finally bought a new roll of film, and it went into the camera just fine. So the chances that the pictures from Sat. night will come out are pretty good.
    I'd forgotten Coffee Lady too. But I think we're most indebted to "I'm taking the blue line, you can follow me" lady. If she hadn't let us trail her off the bus and into the subway, who knows where we'd have ended up.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    We really did discuss doing FORTcon 2005 in a warmer month, and the concensus seemed to be for Vegas next time, where we don't have to worry about closing the bars each night.

The thought was that this was a "floater" to make sure we could all get along, have some fun, and not kill each other. Mission successful. Now we expect ALL of you at the next one.

Can anyone who participates in the forums attend this FORTCON? I'm originally from Chicago and these pics of Navy Pier are making me homesick -however, I now reside in Las Vegas so the FORTCON 2005 sounds like it would be right up my alley esp. since I don't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Libs! OTiS! Glad to see you guys, and hope you both had a nice trip home.
    Hi Manny! Miss you already! Say hi to the Meanies for me
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by azsk8fan
    Can anyone who participates in the forums attend this FORTCON? I'm originally from Chicago and these pics of Navy Pier are making me homesick -however, I now reside in Las Vegas so the FORTCON 2005 sounds like it would be right up my alley esp. since I don't fly.
    The more, the merrier.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    The more, the merrier.

DOes someone get it all organized and then people sign up? I was just wondering if you guys all stay at the same hotel and just sight-see or what else is done at the FORTCON? How much money does it cost to attend? I guess if it's in Vegas I wouldn't need to book a hotel since I live here but still it might be fun to stay at a Vegas hotel since I never do anymore since moving here - the Orleans (off Tropicana/Strip) have some nice rooms.

We'll have something organized. Not sure yet if it'll be in Vegas, although I'm partial to any place where oxygen is pumped in to keep you awake.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John

Thanks for the links - I'll check it out

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Hi, everyone.

This was the coolest thing I've done in a long long time.

Chicago is a tough place to meet like minded individuals, with the same temperament. But on one Saturday night, I met 25+ individuals who ALL made me feel comfortable, who all were purely friendly and not superficial.

Vegas '05 !

+ Reply to Thread