+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon forum

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I've got to tell all of you that were at fortcon that mr. gracie was impressed at how normal you all were. I don't know what he expected, but he told me on the way home that he really enjoyed the time he spent with you guys and he may even have to start watching some reality tv himself. If he can stay awake that is.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    I've got to tell all of you that were at fortcon that mr. gracie was impressed at how normal you all were. I don't know what he expected, but he told me on the way home that he really enjoyed the time he spent with you guys and he may even have to start watching some reality tv himself. If he can stay awake that is.
    Well, the beautiful thing is that you don't need to be a reality TV fan to appreciate the 'con. I mean, really. How many times did reality TV come up in conversation? If memory serves, very little, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    I've got to tell all of you that were at fortcon that mr. gracie was impressed at how normal you all were.
    I don't know about everybody else, but I doubled up on my meds for the weekend so I would be more "normal.".

You guys had entirely too much fun. I'm definitely coming for the sequel!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

For anyone wanting a final tally, here it is:

John
    Amanda
    sher and S.C
    Wolf
    Paulie
    Lucy
    Shazzer
    Snowflakegirl, Mr. SFG, and Mama SFG
    Spegs and Mr. Spegs
    Mantenna
    Blue Meanie and Mrs. Meanie
    Gracie and Mr. Gracie
    libra1022
    Jewelsy
    oneTVslave
    Unklescott
    phat32
    astrogirl
    squatman
    TAR's Steve and Dave
    Stargazer

We had several last minute cancellations. Its unfortunate that those people couldn't attend. However, I think that our smaller number allowed us to get to know everyone better and we all had a wonderful time.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

We definitely missed those that were planning to attend but for some reason or other had to cancel. But you're right, Star. The small cozy group made it a lot more easier to get to know each other.

I agree, Wolf and Star . . . this small group was a fine bunch of people, and it was very easy to get to know everyone.

Well everybody, I'm off to catch my flight home. Talk to you all soon!

Travel safely Manny and Meanies!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I just don't think that meeting people from the Internet is the scarlet letter that it was five years ago. I mean, show of hands? How many people know someone (or a friend of a friend) who married someone he or she met online? It's becoming very commonplace, it seems.
    Mr. Feifer and I are an internet success. People still look at us funny when we tell them that. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

it's great that you guys all had a good time and you all got along well together.. I think I may have told this story before but ...
    Mr. Dux and I traveled to Detroit MI about 6 years ago to meet a group of about 10 people that we'd met in chat rooms. We liked everyone and they all seemed normal.. until we got there.
    They were not like us at all. We didn't share any common interests.
    Some of them were cheating on spouses that didn't come and 2 more were 'partner swapping'.
    One our of hosts was a drug dealer - dealing out of his house and smoking up in the van that contained their 3 yr old child. A guest 'picked up' yet another fellow chatter in Kalamazoo to engage in nefarious activities with her and her roommate.
    My husband and I aren't squares but these just were not our kind of people. Since then we've avoided any attempts to organize internet gatherings.
    A place like FORT is totally different. Although we have different lifestyles we do have things in common that link us together. I'm shattered that I wasn't able to attend the inaugural Fortcon but you can bet your boots we'll be at the next one.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast