+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon forum

In a pm to Phat, I was telling him how my co-workers were looking at me like I was an idiot as I was trying to tell them how much fun I had this weekend. This was his response:
    Dude! Totally. I was raving like a 10 year old girl with a new Barbie, and they were looking at me like I'm a retard.
    I had to make it my sig line!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    In a pm to Phat, I was telling him how my co-workers were looking at me like I was an idiot as I was trying to tell them how much fun I had this weekend. This was his response:
    Dude! Totally. I was raving like a 10 year old girl with a new Barbie, and they were looking at me like I'm a retard.
    I had to make it my sig line!
    Well, thank you. I'm quite honored. But keep in mind I was PM'ing last night during my "own personal FORTcon." [...] Okay, it was a FORTcon of one (me). [...] Okay! I was drunk...

That is so funny! I think I will spare my co-workers the details, since they already think I am nuts.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I'm really THAT Dave
    Nice to have met you all...I hope that we can do it again at FortCon Vegas!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    That is so funny! I think I will spare my co-workers the details, since they already think I am nuts.
    Well my co-workers don't think I'm nuts right now, but they sure would after hearing the details of my meeting with my "internet" friends. I'll just spare them the details, too.

I didn't really get a chance to talk to you, Dave but it was super-cool that you guys showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    Nice to have met you all...I hope that we can do it again at FortCon Vegas!

Dave
    The honor was mine, sir. As I said, my significant other and I are big fans. I tell you what, though--there's no way I'm going to take you and your partner in an Amazing Race: Las Vegas competition. You guys will be standing there holding new iPods over your heads, while my partner and I come huffing and puffing along two hours later.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    My kids were so jealous I got to meet you all it wasn't funny. The friend I met in Chicago looked at me like I was really weird when I told her why we were in Chicago, then she kind of laughed and said she's hooked on Survivor and TAR too. You just never know, do you?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    My kids were so jealous I got to meet you all it wasn't funny. The friend I met in Chicago looked at me like I was really weird when I told her why we were in Chicago, then she kind of laughed and said she's hooked on Survivor and TAR too. You just never know, do you?
    I just don't think that meeting people from the Internet is the scarlet letter that it was five years ago. I mean, show of hands? How many people know someone (or a friend of a friend) who married someone he or she met online? It's becoming very commonplace, it seems.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I know what you mean Phat. Two of my mom's neighbors did it within the last year. I think it's more on chat and they were looking for love anyway. We all are here just because we love reality tv. Makes a difference.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Exactly, gracie! I think the meeting reality tv lovers part is what makes other people cringe. But whatever. They don't know what their missing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast