+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon forum

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    y'all must wait for the video release, FORTers Gone Wild

FORT Fogey
    UNK! More more more!!

Friday, people were arriving throughout the day. Everyone came to the conference room as they came in and just kind of hung out It was funny to meet people for the first time. It was more like you were saying hi to an old friend you haven't seen in a while. When it came time for dinner, we attempted to arrange a car pool to the restaurant. It was quite comical to watch Star trying to count the people in the room as everyone was still milling around. She kept coming up with different numbers each time. You can tell she does not participate in the counting thread.

Someone finally managed to get the hotel to provide us with a short bus (appropriate isn't it?) to take us to the restaurant. That was like taking a field trip. No, we didn't sing 99 Bottles of Beer or Cumbia, but we had fun neverless. Now imagine walking into a restaurant on a Friday night with a party of 20. I know what the staff in my reastaurant would do. They ended up putting tables on the dance floor for us, but we had to be done by 10:00. Sholess Joes was a sports bar with a dance floor. Great conversation over dinner as we all got to know one another better. We were at 2 long rows of tables, but we still were talking back and forth. I'm glad the lunch moniter was lenient. After dinner (Thanks again for dinner boss man! ) Hector picked us up and took us back to the hotel where we headed off to the bar to finish the evening. Lots of story telling, laughing about different threads, how we came to the FORT in the first place, why we stay, etc. What was really funny was listening to all of us talk about telling our family/friends where we were going. The usual remark was ", you're going to meet people from the internet that you 've never met?" Geez, it's not like we're going to Jonestown.

All I have to say about the weekend is . I'm so glad I went. We have some mighty good people here and I can now say I have least 20 to 30 more good friends.

FORT Fogey
    That was great unk, thanks.

*makes early resolution to attend next year!*

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Someone finally managed to get the hotel to provide us with a short bus (appropriate isn't it?)
    Oh Unk, I can't stop laughing .... funniest line ever .... AND best avatar ever! You can never change it. Thanks so much for the recap of your weekend. Sounds like a great time! Love the pictures.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    All I have to say about the weekend is . I'm so glad I went. We have some mighty good people here and I can now say I have least 20 to 30 more good friends.
    !!
    Exactly. And now when I talk about my friends, I don't have to mumble "yeah, but I only know them through the internet..."

I noticed that Unk didn't mention the haunted ship at the Navy Pier. Best money I've ever spent. That had to be the scariest 25 seconds of all our lives! The group picture we took at the entrance was well worth the experience in and of itself. I'm sure Blue Meanie will be posting that as soon as he gets back home to a scanner.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    I noticed that Unk didn't mention the haunted ship at the Navy Pier.
    I thought I would let someone else recap Saturday.
    Are you and Mr. Spegs thawed out yet?

Yes, we managed to stabilize our core temperatures pretty much as soon as we landed. It helped that the truck's battery was dead, so we had to wait 40 minutes in the 95 degrees while wearing our Chicago clothes. I think we're back to normal.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Fogey
    I'm so jealous! Thanks for the recap UNK!

yeah, i have to say, it was nice to step off the plane in dallas to 76 degree weather. i'm still thawing out. and i feel certain that astrogirl gave me whatever illness she was sporting b/c i'm sick as a dog and on my way to the doc tomorrow. but it's cool. totally worth it to get to meet everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast