+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Have fun at FORTcon!

If you guys go to a Canadian city for a weekend I will be there for sure, don't worry, you just might like me. Glad you all had a blast and I am so jealous

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Phat, I'll be your wingman anytime buddy. We have made a deal that we're both going to get into better shape before FORTcon II or trying out for TAR, as we were both winded after literally running down the street away from the Sears Tower towards the train stop. It's only 2 blocks MY ASS. Two miles is a little more like it. At least trying to run while horribly out of shape kept me from freezing outside.

Where was Blue Meanie? We needed a picture of that.

I take it Phat32 either made his flight, or is still posting from the Crowne Plaza.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I take it Phat32 either made his flight, or is still posting from the Crowne Plaza.
    Dude, he's probably still sitting at the bar waiting for everybody to show up.

Maybe he's *finally* got that bathtub full of beer he was promising us.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Dude, he's probably still sitting at the bar waiting for everybody to show up.
    *Runs down stairs at breakneck pace*

Amanda, sorry I didn't give you a call yesterday hun! We (OTiS, Shazz, and myself) made it into town so late that we just kinda roamed around Mellinium Park taking cheesy pictures and headed back out to the hotel....pretty boring stuff since you live there, but hey, we're tourists, it was fun

We WERE originally going to that show, but it was sold out...then it was gonna be the aquarium, but uhhh we didn't exactly get up early and by the time we did and made it into town it wasn't worth it anyways (it was 3 or later and it closed at 5 or 6)...sounds like it was probably an ok thing (even though I LOVE beluga whales and that would have been fine with me just to see them).

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    ...taking cheesy pictures...
    Say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    Phat, I'll be your wingman anytime buddy. We have made a deal that we're both going to get into better shape before FORTcon II or trying out for TAR, as we were both winded after literally running down the street away from the Sears Tower towards the train stop. It's only 2 blocks MY ASS. Two miles is a little more like it. At least trying to run while horribly out of shape kept me from freezing outside.
    Our brainpower is fine; stamina could use a little help (me more than you, LG). I mean, we were all pumped up to run the entire distance back to the train station. We made--what? One hundred feet before we had our hands on our knees?

Me: (huff huff huff) Okay, look, just give me a second here to catch my breath and get a cigarette break.

If there were a bar along the way, I think we'd still be drinking near the Sears Tower and leading the local barflies in a bad rendition of Margaritaville.

But, yes. Yes. We will take all comers in Amazing Race: Las Vegas at next year's FORTcon.

As for "two blocks"? "Two blocks, my ass" () is right. Everywhere we went: "Oh, it's two blocks. Two blocks." Two blocks? It takes 15 minutes at a good clip to walk two blocks?? Come on!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    As for "two blocks"? "Two blocks, my ass" () is right. Everywhere we went: "Oh, it's two blocks. Two blocks." Two blocks? It takes 15 minutes at a good clip to walk two blocks?? Come on!
    In the counrty where I live, blocks are a mile long, so it wasn't even two by my reckoning. I was guessing at what you'd consider a block. Ain't no way it was eight blocks though. I think we both need to walk more before Vegas.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    In the counrty where I live, blocks are a mile long, so it wasn't even two by my reckoning. I was guessing at what you'd consider a block. Ain't no way it was eight blocks though. I think we both need to walk more before Vegas.
    Actually, it wasn't you I was chuffed at; an attendant at the Rosemont train stop and the hotel clerk I spoke to over the phone both told me, "It's not a bad walk--it's just two blocks."

+ Reply to Thread