+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Have fun at FORTcon!

Who, me?

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Did Unk take the Skyyway ?

I went on 90 and was headed downtown. I realized it as soon as I pulled on the ramp so I just went down to the next exit and turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    actually their was a skeleton crew that made it to the Sears Tower today, again riding the Blue Line until we got out to roam aimelessly, looking at the sky, trying to figure out which building it was.
    You betta believe it. In the end, we (and by "we," I mean "I") called it the "Matrix/Amazing Race" trip to the Sears Tower.

L.G. needed an exit for a 4 pm flight, and I needed to get to Midway for a 6 pm flight. Together, we circled the Observation Deck once, noticed it was past 1 pm, looked at each other and said, 'Okay--ruuun..." Three hours is plenty of window, you say? Keep in mind that the hotel was an hour by train from Sears Tower...and I had to get back to the hotel, pick up my bags, and go back in the direction I had just come to get to Midway (three hour trip). (Not to mention the Agents...the awful, awful Agents...)

(Oh, and big ups to Mantenna for continuing to laugh as I cracked on the Sears Tower "educational film" even as the buzzkills in front muttered "Shut the hell up.")

Saints preserve us, we made it. And Our Field Trip is on the way.

And, L.G.? You can be my wingman...anytime.
    Last edited by phat32; 10-18-2004 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    How can sharks suck? I didn't think that was possible...unless they're like girly sharks or something.
    I guess I went in to the exhibit with unrealistic expectations. I was thinking I'd be seeing huge mutant monster sharks with bloodlust in their cold, dead eyes. I was hoping they'd do a demonstration where maybe they'd take a side of beef and toss it in the tank, and I'd get to see a gnashing, thrashing feeding frenzy. What I saw instead was a few small tanks with smaller, docile sharks swimming around like they didn't have a care in the world. Stupid passive fish.

Also there were waaaaaaay too many kids there, and they ruin everything.

The beluga whales were kind of cool, though. And they showed us how they train dolphins, which was also very cool. And there were these little things - anemones, maybe - that have some sort of phospholuminescent thing happening. Can't describe it, but very cool.

The sharks did suck, though.

Not that any of this matters anymore.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    I guess I went in to the exhibit with unrealistic expectations. I was thinking I'd be seeing huge mutant monster sharks with bloodlust in their cold, dead eyes. I was hoping they'd do a demonstration where maybe they'd take a side of beef and toss it in the tank, and I'd get to see a gnashing, thrashing feeding frenzy. What I saw instead was a few small tanks with smaller, docile sharks swimming around like they didn't have a care in the world. Stupid passive fish.

Sorry, you were right, they don't bite. Apparantly, they do suck.

We have a local pet store that has shark feeding time that sounds more exciting then that.
    So...
    Next fortcon... Hamilton, Ontario.

*snorf*

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    All of us "vicarious livers" seem to be circling like vultures in here....
    Great analogy.......lucky for us, there seems to be enough flesh on the carcass to go around!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

LG.
    Phat, I'll be your wingman anytime buddy. We have made a deal that we're both going to get into better shape before FORTcon II or trying out for TAR, as we were both winded after literally running down the street away from the Sears Tower towards the train stop. It's only 2 blocks MY ASS. Two miles is a little more like it. At least trying to run while horribly out of shape kept me from freezing outside.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    I was thinking I'd be seeing huge mutant monster sharks with bloodlust in their cold, dead eyes. I was hoping they'd do a demonstration where maybe they'd take a side of beef and toss it in the tank, and I'd get to see a gnashing, thrashing feeding frenzy. What I saw instead was a few small tanks with smaller, docile sharks swimming around like they didn't have a care in the world. Stupid passive fish.

Also there were waaaaaaay too many kids there, and they ruin everything.
    Aww, sorry to hear that.
    You could've tossed a few of the noisier ones in "I don't know what happened sir...they just fell"

Amanda, we went to Shedd's just over a year ago and were disappointed. We've been to Ripley's Aquarium, both in Myrtle Beach, SC and Gatlinburg, TN and they are so much better! Although they didn't have a feeding frenzy either.

http://www.ripleysaquarium.com/

A small sea world type place on St. Thomas did hand feed small sharks and that was pretty cool. We got to hand feed rays as well.
    Last edited by veejer; 10-18-2004 at 05:16 PM.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread