+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Let's Get Together!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Let's Get Together!!

I've started this thread as a place where folks who are interested in doing so can make known travel plans which might make it possible for them to meet up with other FoRTers to say "HI!" in person.

Some suggestions:
    • Don't post anything too specific (hotels, phone numbers, etc.)
    • Exact dates
    • Anything that might compromise the privacy or safety of those meeting

It has already been my privilege to meet two other members of FoRT (three if you count - and I do - one member who it turns out is someone I went to junior high school with!). Each meeting has been great fun, and there's already another meeting planned for next month.

As an example, someone could just say: "I'm going to be in Southern California late in January." Anyone interested in / available for a meeting could just post something like "Check your private messages," and details could be worked out in private with no one having to reveal too much on this public forum.

What do you think?

BTW, I WILL be in SoCal in late January.

(MODS: If this thread is unacceptable, please feel free to delete it. My enthusiasm has been known to overwhelm my common sense on occasion.)
    Punkin, Ellen, shyra and 4 others like this.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Re: Let's Get Together!!

I think this is a great idea!
    Cornholio and AZChristian like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'd like to meet other FoRT members! It would have to be at Starbucks or someplace away from home because my place is a mess. Housekeeping is not a priority for me. However, if I know in advance someone is coming, I might make the effort to pick up for them so they can meet the cutest cat in the world--my little Squirty!

I'd be happy to give a free graphics demonstration, teach you how to make and/or loop avatars.

I also wouldn't be opposed to giving my phone number to friends on the forum if they want to call and chat. I have to warn you, though, I'm not the best conversationalist! It takes me a while to warm up to people so I'll probably be pretty quiet at first but once I get comfortable, it's hard to make me shut up!

The next Council of the Blind Convention is in Orlando in 2015. I'm not sure of the dates yet but when I know, I can mention it here so anyone living around that area can meet me for dinner or something.

Nothing wrong with meeting somewhere other than someone's home . . . public places are better for first meetings. I'd LOVE to meet people at a Starbucks!!!!

Do post the dates you're going to be in Orlando. I have free points on Southwest, and am ALWAYS happy to be near the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. I even got my wand this time!
    beerbelly likes this.

What a great idea! I'm hoping to travel around the country after I retire this spring and would love to meet other FORTers. Once upon a time there were big get-togethers. I never went to one because I had just joined and didn't know anyone, but they sounded like fun.
    Ellen, captain and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Gut . . . if you get to AZ, let me know. I'd love to meet you!

AZ is definitely one of my destinations since I went to NAU and haven't been back since. I'd love to meet you, too.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Let's Get Together!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    BTW, I WILL be in SoCal in late January.
    I would be up for a meet up in So Cal. I'll drop you a message.
    Ellen likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Why is it no one ever vacations in SW Kansas
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    There's no place like home!

Travel through? Maybe. Vacation? Probably not. I'm a big city girl, though married to a small town boy. I often say about visiting his family, "They're in North Platte, Nebraska. I spent a week there one night."

But if I'm passing through, I'll post it here!
    Punkin and captain like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast