+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Let's Get Together!!

Re: Let's Get Together!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Aww, angelic, you know I'd love to meet you one of these days if I am ever in Ohio. I've never been, but I do have a friend I met online who lives in Lorain. I don't think that is too far from you. She's come to NYC to meet me and we had a blast.
    That would be awesome, Eastcoastmom. If you ever come her way, let me know!
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We're doing a road trip in May.

Arizona, southern NM, Arlington TX, Houston, TX, New Orleans, Nashville, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Pittsburgh, Niagara Falls, Cleveland, Toledo, St. Louis, Branson, Topeka, North Platte (NE), Boulder (CO), Colorado Springs, Canon City, northern NM, then home.

Anyone along that route interested in a cuppa coffee with the AZCs? PM me if you're interested.
    Cornholio likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I don't see Massachusetts on that list!
    Cornholio likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Not this time. Sorry. I'd love to meet you. Maybe you should drive over to Niagara Falls to zipline and have coffee with us. LOL.
    I'm Paula.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm going to be in Jacksonville June 1st through June 4th so if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up, let me know! I'm going there for a Florida Council of the Blind convention. There are events I'll have to attend but perhaps in-between those, we could meet at the hotel to chit-chat or go to a nearby restaurant to eat.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Yay, I'm finally going to get to meet Cornholio! I'm going back to my dad's this weekend and taking a few extra days off so I've scheduled a visit to Naples to meet my dear, corny friend. She's going to show me all around the city I used to live in back in the early 1980's. I went to 5th and 6th grade in Naples and my sister and I were in the Girl Scouts while we were there. The house we lived in had a dock, several colors of hibiscus in the yard, a bougainvillea plant, and a pool with a screened-in patio, which was where our rabbit, Bugsy, got to run around free. We really loved living there and were sad to leave but the cost of living was so high in the area, my dad decided to return to work in Tallahassee.

We're going to have a blast!
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys

My meetup with Cornholio was wonderful! I went to her house Saturday afternoon and she showed me around her beautiful home and introduced me to her husband before we went out for some fun. We went to her rental cottage first so she could let me look around there, then we drove around Naples so I could see what I looked like now. It's been such a long time since I lived there that almost nothing was familiar.

It ends up that we're both HGTV junkies and love looking around at houses so we spent a long time driving around neighbors to see the different styles of architecture. She showed me Port Royal, an area where very expensive homes on the coast are. Some celebrities have homes there, including Steven Spielberg. I also saw a few of the homes Cornholio has lived at in the past. We were going to go to the Naples Pier to look at the water but there were so many people there, we couldn't find any parking so we went to lunch.

We had lunch at a waterfront restaurant called The Dock. I had wanted seafood so Cornholio chose to take me there, as it's one of her favorite places to take guests. We had a short wait for a table but that gave us time to walk down the dock to look at a flock of pelicans and take pictures. I had grilled snapper, sweet potatoes, and a vegetable medley and she had a Mediterranean entree. The food was great and we talked nonstop during lunch.

We went shopping after lunch and I bought a pair of pants while she bought a few items for her rental cottage. We visited Starbucks for a coffee treat, then she drove through the area where I used to live. I wasn't entirely sure at first which house was the one my family lived in because the addresses had changed but from the back, I thought I recognized the dock on one house. Our neighborhood has changed so much since I lived there!

We went back to her house for key lime pie and then it was time for me to get back to my dad's house. Cornholio gave me a bag full of cat goodies, from her beloved Salem to my kitties. I even got the cat toy that looks like an ear of corn! I gave her one of the pikachus from my car. I had a wonderful time and hope to meet with her again in the future!

Awww! That sounds like a perfect day!!! Thank you so much for sharing. You both are just LOVES!
    Arielflies likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I'll be in Jacksonville for the Florida Council of the Blind Convention May 17-20. If anyone will be in the area at that time and wants to meet up, let me know! I only have three events I'm going to and those aren't mandatory so my schedule is flexible.

Hopefully I won't lose my debit card on the first day of the trip again!
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-13-2018 at 01:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567