+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Let's Get Together!!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Let's Get Together!!

Sent Mr. Christian a note to tell him we were meeting up with "pikachu from FoRT." He said, "Pikachu? Are we getting a puppy?"

Never a dull moment with this one.
    Punkin likes this.
    I'm Paula.

We're going to be in Las Vegas March 11-14, celebrating Mr. AZC's birthday. Anyone from the FoRT there and want to meet?
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We're going to be in Las Vegas March 11-14, celebrating Mr. AZC's birthday. Anyone from the FoRT there and want to meet?
    OHHHHHH bummer we will just MISS you and Mr.AZ!

We go THURSDAY for the weekend to celebrate my birthday on FRIDAY!

Where are you staying?
    KAREN

We don't stay right on the strip . . . I'll send you a PM.
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I am taking in road trip in July so if there are any Forters in Texas, New Orleans & Nashville drop me a PM if you would like to meet up.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The Florida Council of the Blind is having its convention in Orlando May 14-17. I've gone to the convention the last few years and tentatively plan to go to this one. I'll have to confirm that my friends are going so we can share a room but I'll probably find out in the next few weeks if they're going.

If we have any members who live in the Orlando area or planning to be there in May and you want to meet up, I'm willing! I'd be going to the convention just to give my friends a ride so I'll be free pretty much the whole time I'm there.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Just had breakfast with Pikachu. What a SWEETHEART!!!

(Thanks again for the cookies and coasters.) <3
    Punkin, beerbelly, AmyKay and 1 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was so nervous the day before meeting AZChristian! I went round and round trying to decide what to wear (Should I dress up? Should I wear what I normally wear to work?). I was fretting about my shoes because my regular shoes were damaged and dingy. I had ordered new shoes but they hadn't come in yet. Luckily, last night while I was watching tv, I got a delivery and it was my new shoes so that took a load off my mind! I was also worried about my hair because I got it cut before going to visit my dad for Easter and the lady cut it too short. So, anyway, I tried on a few outfits this morning before finally settling on the first one I was going to wear anyway.

I had made cookies during the week. Since I knew I was going to be meeting Mr. and Mrs. AZ, I wanted to make my famous raspberry almond shortbread thumbprint cookies so they could take them with them. I made extra and took the rest to work for Administrative Professionals Day.

The night before, I put together a goodie bag for AZ and her husband. They got a dozen cookies, some coasters I had crocheted, a little pikachu doll, and I put some Hawaiian leis in the gift bag as filler. I brought my camera, too, so we could take pictures.

When I got to the Village Inn, I hadn't even put my keys away yet and gotten inside before someone had out their hand on my shoulder and asked if I was Tricia, so at least I didn't have to worry about finding them in the restaurant! We went inside and talked while we waited for our order. I got a new menu item called the Nashville scrambler, AZ got a veggie omelette, and Mr. AZ got a Denver omelette. They told me all about their trip so far, problems at the rental car agency, and of course we talked a lot about reality tv and the Fort. They sure have traveled to a lot of places! I'm glad AZ is a good conversationalist because I tend to be a bit shy and withdrawn. She and her husband made me feel at home, like we were long lost friends (which in a way I guess we are!).

The time flew by too quickly and before I knew, it was time for them to head to Tampa and me to head to work. We took our pictures, gave each other a hug, and they told me to come visit them in Arizona sometime. It was a great day for me! I'm looking forward to seeing them again someday and possibly meeting other members of the Fort.

Here are our pictures. Mr. AZ took the pictures so he's not in them. I'm the tall, porky one on the left and AZ is the cute, petite one on the right:

Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

What fun! Love the pictures. I can't wait for my turn. AZ is on my short list of places to visit first after I retire.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Awww! I love this post. You are both such wonderful people. And love the pictures!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast