Sorry, Dag. How could I forget YOU? You were with the smallish group that trekked down to the MGM on Friday night. That's awful of me. So, a special shout-out to Daggy for my memory lapse while posting earlier.
Originally Posted by dagwood
well someone has to do the tough jobs, just sorry I wasn't there to be your "wingman" :lol thanks for taking the hit for the team. :up
Originally Posted by Unklescott
That's cool...just thought I would give you a bad time. I totally understand what jack and coke can do to a mind. :teeth
Originally Posted by John
Ok, I almost feel human again. Don't take the redeye flight if you can help it, I've spent all of today trying to figure out where I am and what day it is!
The weekend was great! We met old friends from last fortcon and made new friends this year. We also missed the ones from last year who couldn't make it this time. We talked reality, saw the fake Elvis show, walked the Strip, stayed up too late, got up too early and learned the trick to getting free drinks. We laughed, talked and had a great time. When I get myself totally back together and can remember, I'll see what hasn't already been covered and post more.
I think I was one of the last to stagger home tonight....that's what I get for not wanting the early direct flight :ohno Today I also got to visit for a while in Omaha and St. Louis on my 8 hour trek (that only took 4 hours the other way on Thursday with the direct). Ummm yeah, listen to gracie and don't do the redeye or be like me and think that a couple of stops won't be so bad cause they suck when you've had a grand total of about 12 hours of sleep in 4 days.
Thanks so much to everybody for the good times and new memories to cherish!
I was actually in Omaha today doing some shopping. Shoot... if I'd have known I could have come out to the airport to visit you. :)
Originally Posted by libra1022
I just stumbled in - what a long day. Tons of fun with a lot of great people. Dragging my weary behind to bed now, but I'm going to have to post about my Strip Show lap dance. Hubba hubba.
Thanks everyone for making fortcon such a fun place/time/party/event!
I just stumbled home myself this morning, J.D. I'm going to sleep for about four or five days. :laugh It was great seeing everyone again and meeting all the people I hadn't met before. :hiya
Well! I'm finally recovered a little bit from my adventure at FortCON, so I thought I'd pop in here and put in my two cents. :) Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's pooped! I had A LOT of caffeine today to keep awake in class (which is normally not a problem!).
I can't possibly type it all, so I'll just give the highlights:
- Meeting EVERYONE! :yay So fun to finally put names with faces - now I can imagine the real faces instead of thinking people look like their avs! It's funny how so many people were exactly like I thought they'd be!
- Having a great time with my two roomies, Pom and RosesTwin. I got so lucky with those two!
- Getting to sing "Happy Birthday" to Mariner in person AND eat a HUGE birthday desert with her, Rosekid, yardgnome and SueEllenMishke
- Riding the roller coaster at New York, New York with yardgnome and screaming like a little girl! I had no idea I could scream that loud! :lol
- Having a mellow Sunday breakfast with John, Pommie and Roseskid
- Drinks with Unk, Roseskid, Mariner and everyone else I had drinks with.... did I say I don't drink? :blush
- Roaming Fremont Street and enjoying free drinks :guzzle (and winning at the nickel slots) with Mariner, Rosekid, yardgnome and SueEllenMishke
- Eating a 3 hour dinner on Saturday with Rosekid, Pom, the Snow Family, Tototo and sister Tami, Stargazer, QueenB and Mariner
- Eating a fab prime rib dinner on Sunday night with the Snow Family, Jewelsy, Mariner, Roseskid and Pommie.
- Getting lost ten dozen times with Roseskid and laughing like crazy
- Watching BB with the gang - the show is so much better when you can make fun of it with everyone in person! :lol
Can't wait for next year! :yay
Sorry it took so long to get around to posting these pix, but I had to make sure no one had any objections. I now think I know which pictures I can and can’t post so here goes….
This is a group picture taken in the lobby of the hotel after the BB6 viewing party. From Left to right: SueEllenMishke, Dicechick, Jluvs, Paulie, Stargazer, Yardgnome77, Roseskid, Pomeraniac, and Critical.
NO, Jewelsy isn’t sleeping and no, Stargazer isn’t mad at me. ;)
Jluvs also took several pictures at the party.
Like this one of Paulie, Stargazer and Jewelsy.
Roseskid also took a few pictures.
Apparently this picture was taken early in the broadcast. Mariner, Roseskid and Critical were still smiling. From this angle it was hard to tell if Pomeraniac was smiling along with them.
After the broadcast SueEllen, Jluvs and Yardgnome regained their smiles.
UnkleScott! Need I say more? ;)
There are more pix, but they’re of the same people having fun so I won’t take up more space. Suffice it to say we all had a great time.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.