+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: So who is coming to FORTCON2?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    That's awesome news, John. Can't wait to see you.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I can't wait to finally meet all of you
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    With only 117 (now 118) posts I'm almost embarrassed to join this auspicious group, but since I live in Vegas Im not about to pass up this opportunity. Unless called out of town Id love to join you all at some point.

BTW, yardgnome77, I have a web site you might enjoy.
    http://www.alongtheway.org/gnome

Hope to see you all soon.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    With only 117 (now 118) posts I'm almost embarrassed to join this auspicious group, but since I live in Vegas Im not about to pass up this opportunity. Unless called out of town Id love to join you all at some point.
    I look forward to meeting you Uncle David.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    BTW, yardgnome77, I have a web site you might enjoy.
    http://www.alongtheway.org/gnome
    Thanks for the link it was funny. I actually own a small yardgnome and I purchased him when I was in Switzerland about 6 years ago. I have pictures of him all over Europe. I was planning on taking him back to Europe when I go this November to continue his adventure, he may also be up for a little side trip to Vegas in September though as well.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    he may also be up for a little side trip to Vegas in September though as well.
    Absolutely! And you should put up a web site with his adventures. It's my most popular page. I get thousands of hits each month from the gnome.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Star started this list a few weeks ago and I thought I'd update, since we're less than ONE. MONTH. AWAY.

Critical
    Dagwood
    GingerLVNV
    Gracie
    Igotalife
    J.D.
    Jewelsy
    Jluvs
    John
    Libra1022
    Mariner
    Miss Filangi
    Phat32
    Pomeraniac
    queenb
    Roseskid
    Snowflakegirl
    Stargazer
    SueEllenMishke
    Totoro
    Uncle David
    Unclescott
    yardgnome77

Did I miss anybody?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I WISH I could be there

What a GREAT group of people attending. Can't wait to hear all the sordid details
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I posted awhile back that I wouldn't be able to make it that week, because my traveling partner (my sister) couldn't get the time off from work. However, we went to Vegas this past weekend. No, I didn't win the huge Jackpot, but for the first time in a long time, I CAME HOME with money.

Just wanted to fill yall in on something. I know a few of you have mentioned playing Texas Hold Em....When I was there, I played in 2 different tournaments! Texas Hold Em is sweeping the country and especially Vegas! Most hotels have at least one or two tournaments every day with all different amounts to buy in with. I won the first one I played in...had a $250 payout. The second one I played in was at Binion's (which used to have the World Series of Poker, it's downtown. Not on the strip). It was a $70 buy-in, had 5 tables of 11 people each. Guess what? I made the final table...the first one in the money. I placed 7th (for $165), but 1st place paid $1555! I would definitely recommend this tournament to any poker player.

Check out this website for more info: www.vegastexasholdem.net

I know this info is a little off thread...but I wanted to pass it on in case some of the Forters wanted to play poker. Yall have fun! And win lots of money!
    Last edited by leeinsmyrna; 08-17-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    kitty-cats rule!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Ok, I've got the tickets and made the reservation at the Sahara. I even talked my mother, who thinks this is silly, into letting me use her credit card to buy the tickets (I don't have one). Now I have a whole month to worry about flying, something I haven't done since I was 18, and if I did everything right for us to even get on the plane. My nerves are killing me, but it will all be worth it to see old friends from the last fortcon and meet new ones this year. I am so looking forward to this!!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread