+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortcon II - September 16-18, 2005

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Have we had any word yet on where fortcon 2 will be? I've been looking at the flight and hotel packages and it might be cheaper to go that way, if I knew where things are going to be. I don't want to have a hotel in the boonies when everyone else is on the strip.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I'll try to get there, but I may not. Going to Tech School, so I might be really busy.
    I LOVE KATAMARI!
    YOU LOVE KATAMARI!
    WE LOVE KATAMARI!

<- The Shark Is This
    ^
    | THERE HE IS!!!!!!

Hopefully I wil have enough money by then because I want to meet you all. I need to start saving

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I just had a little question. If we're not going to be having a hospitality room where we can meet and most of us or at least some of us don't know real names, how are we going to be getting together once we arrive at the Sahara? Do we need to leave our screen names at the front desk so we can find each other? Or maybe everyone can wear the same kind of hat. Are there any more cow hats out there? It is a big hotel.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I think Sahara still has free craps lessons at 10:30 AM; maybe we could meet there? Or, at the breakfast buffet? What time will everyone be arriving, anyway? I'll be there Thursday night.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    I just had a little question. If we're not going to be having a hospitality room where we can meet and most of us or at least some of us don't know real names, how are we going to be getting together once we arrive at the Sahara? Do we need to leave our screen names at the front desk so we can find each other? Or maybe everyone can wear the same kind of hat. Are there any more cow hats out there? It is a big hotel.
    Queenb, the Sahara has a free lounge right in the middle of the floor, called the Casbah Lounge. Unless there's a show on, it's usually pretty empty (maybe 2 people sitting in there, in a room that seats maybe 50). I think it would make an ideal spot for people to gather. There's also a bar within 20 feet, for those of you who would like something to drink while mingling.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Queenb, the Sahara has a free lounge right in the middle of the floor, called the Casbah Lounge. Unless there's a show on, it's usually pretty empty (maybe 2 people sitting in there, in a room that seats maybe 50). I think it would make an ideal spot for people to gather. There's also a bar within 20 feet, for those of you who would like something to drink while mingling.
    That sounds great, John!

I like the fact that we'll be able to have something to drink while mingling, since I'm so shy and introverted and all. . . .

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I sort of had the same question QueenB...I arrive early Friday morning (and leave on the red eye Monday morning), but I made reservations at the Renaissance (which is just a quick jot down via the monorail from the Sahara)....

So I was sort of wondering if there would be a time to meet in the lounge (at the bar) on Friday/Saturday night? Similarly, if anyone is planning any excursions, would they like to join up? My boyfriend and I aren't big gamblers, so I think we're going to do a day trip to the Grand Canyon and the dam, if anyone else is doing anything like that....

Can't wait to meet everyone!!!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Not to be a wiseass, but you do know it's over 200 miles to the Canyon (National Park part) from Las Vegas, don't you? I did want to head out on Tuesday so I could go to GC for a day or two, but couldn't do it this time--if your plane comes in from the East, and it's a day flight you get a GREAT view of the Grand Canyon anyway most of the time. If you're a little further north, you get to see the Southern Utah landscape which is really weird--don't be asleep at the end of your flight!

So, is that lounge open all day? Or, should us early starters just lurk in the general vicinity?
    Last edited by queenb; 08-22-2005 at 08:40 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My flight arrives at (I think) 10:30am local time. After I drop off my bags, I'll be hanging out in the lounge. Look for the 6' 7" guy with 2 drinks in his hands. The lounge is open 24/7, I think, but there usually aren't acts using it. But if you're very lucky, you can see an Elvis impersonator or some other cheesy act playing there.

I have to leave for a little while at some point in the early afternoon, but by then there should be a little bit of a crowd, hopefully, and y'all won't miss it while looking for the tall guy.

If the lounge happens to be closed, we can plan to meet at the bar, just to the left of the lounge. It's "open" (no walls), so it'll be easy to find.

+ Reply to Thread