+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon forum

ell, I'm back in the Big Apple, and it's cold here too, but I have my nice warm jacket and hat, so I'm good. I still have my cold. Great to meet all of you!

I'm finally home, apparently I didn't kiss enough butt with Steve and Dave cause it was a sonofagun to get my cold butt out of Chicago and back into warm Florida weather. Guess I should have paid y'all off a bit more and uhhh actually given you my flight number huh?

It was fantastic to meet everybody! Let me go check out what all's been covered already and I'll be back to post more.

Still waiting for Jewls and OTiS to check in tonight...Jewls might be a bit, but OTiS should be home any time now since our flights were close together.

I'm finally back home also after a plane delay which consisted of sitting on the runway for an extra hour and a half listening to high-pitched "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWEEE EEEEEE" sound before takeoff. But my sanity was a small price to pay for all the fun I had with you fine folks this weekend. Really, I wasn't all that sane to begin with.

Those of us who stayed on Sunday (or the Final Six, as we like to call ourselves) enjoyed some more sightseeing downtown and then a fine meal at the much-anticipated Ram restaurant, home of the Mile-High-mountainous-ice-cream-wedge-of-death. Unk, you would have loved it.

So there are 3 FORTers left in Chicago (well actually, two FORTers and one soon-to-be-official-FORTer, I hope ). Who will be the last FORTer standing? Who will get the final rose? And will there be a surprise twist? Stay tuned....
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    "Did anyone see an elf named Pete?" Enquiring minds want to know...
    No, but I'm officially auditioning to be Shazz's inner Christmas elf when Pete takes vacation.

I'm sorry you all couldn't be there. It was such a great time. Like others said, it was awkward for about five seconds, seeing people's faces actually move, but after that it was like I'd *always* been seeing these people. Thanks to John for all he did about the conference room and dinner and everything else, and to Stargazer for organizing it, and especially to everyone who went. It was so awesome to see you all. Of all the gatherings of Internet friends, ours must set a record for everyone being normal, attractive, fun and sociable. Not a serial killer in the bunch.

I had an 8:20 a.m. flight out yesterday, which required me to get up around 5:30. If only I'd known the party lasted till nearly then anyway, I should have just stayed up.
    But I'm finally *warm*.
    Sorry you're sick, Sher.

Oh, and Unk didn't tell you that when Hector brought the short bus back to fetch us from the bar, there was one guy already on it. One stranger he'd picked up at the airport, who spent the ride talking loudly into his cell phone, oblivious to the oddity of stopping off to pick up 20 people at a bar.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    So there are 3 FORTers left in Chicago (well actually, two FORTers and one soon-to-be-official-FORTer, I hope ). Who will be the last FORTer standing? Who will get the final rose? And will there be a surprise twist? Stay tuned....
    Ahem. I'll be here long after you have all gone back to your respective homes. I want a rose. THE rose. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Ahem. I'll be here long after you have all gone back to your respective homes. I want a rose. THE rose. Thank you.
    D'oh! You're right, Amanda. Congratulations are in order, although I'm suspecting now that people will think it was all "rigged" to favor you before the whole thing ever started. I guess the Meanie family will be sharing a teary ride home in the limo.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Ahhhh Amanda you do have a point there! So just for you...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Amanda, will you accept this rose?

Yes. Yes I will. I like flowers. Especially rigged ones.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    One stranger he'd picked up at the airport, who spent the ride talking loudly into his cell phone, oblivious to the oddity of stopping off to pick up 20 people at a bar.
    Maybe that happens everyday and he's used to it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast