+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marketing or really just that bad?

Marketing or really just that bad?

I was surfing over some of the show's message boards, hoping I might find a definite date for when the show starts.. but several people brought up an important factor... If you remember, they were doing Ads for FE like it was cool to have one every commerical break for about 2 weeks.. this is when it was on Monday.. Then the day switching started.. Thursday, Friday, etc.. And according to the ratings it did worse on these days,... But if you also remember, the commericals ended about the 2nd episode, then its all about American Idol, Tru Calling, and Wonderfalls (which ironically is gone now too).. oh and the swan.. anyhow.. Maybe the show is less popular that its just the people who are NOT on the boards like these where we specifically talk about it, just didn't know where the show went? Kind of like "The Family", it just kind of dropped off the face of the earth (I forget if it was for the War in Afghanistan, or 9/11 itself, either way its a good reason, but I had no idea what happened, when it'd return, etc..) Then when it came back, no one really knew, except the hugely devoteed fans.. so maybe, thats the downfall for the show?

Or on the flip side, the show was just that bad and no one liked it regardless... Which is a possiblity too.. it seems to draw a cultish following, you either like it and love it, or you hate it, and hope it burns, and then based on that, maybe we just have the Salem Witch trials going over again practically.. (Burn the Witch, if she escapes, she is a witch, if she dies.. well... she is just hiding it, thats all..)
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Honestly, I think it was just that bad. It was like Paradise Hotel up until Zach's departure, except without the humor of Toni, Amy, and Zach-ass. Essentially, they tried P-Ho, but that show would only work with extreme over-the-top personalities, and alot of them. FE just didn't have those kinds of personalities.

And they didn't have Amanda-host. Amanda-host was the best ever.

I think it had something to do with promoting, a ton of people had no idea about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I think it had something to do with promoting, a ton of people had no idea about it.
    I think it had a LOT to do with the format of the show. They were not giving us an opportunity to get to know these folks and it was moving too fast.

PSi
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    i don't think it had to do with people not knowing about the show, i think it was people going hmm...paradise hotel...no thanks.

+ Reply to Thread