+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FOX may have cancelled Forever Eden

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by weezerx9
    is this really cancelled, on the website it says its returning april 23? im confused...

I think there might have been a mistake. It looks as if the show will air on 4/23, but will not return to the schedule thereafter, at least, that's what I saw in the FOX press section. Who knows?

All I know is that the show is definitely off the schedule after 4/23.

FORT Fanatic
    Got everything straightened out.

Apparently, FOX had a typo in its press schedule, that implied the two filler shows were going to be an hour each, rather than a half hour. Forever Eden has been added back into the schedule for 4/23, but has been removed from all future dates.

I have had sources tell me that even the 4/23 date may still be removed, however, so I'll keep all of you posted.

FORT Fanatic

UPDATE: Regarding Cancellation

eNewsZone, which had the story about the cancellation, has noted that FOX's press section, which posts the schedule for the next several weeks, had a typo which made it seem as if Forever Eden would not air on 4/23. The error has been fixed in the press section, however, Forever Eden has still been removed from the schedule for May sweeps. Thus, it has still been pulled from the schedule for the near future, and may never return.

TheFutonCritic, however, still lists the show as being cancelled. Either they have not updated since the typo in the press section, or heard something else that would indicate the show will not be airing on 4/23.

Thus, the show is currently expected to air on 4/23, but has been dropped from FOX's future lineups.

haha you basically confused me even more. I don't want these news places i want from the direct source.
    haha

FORT Fanatic
    Well, then, according to FOX, the show has been indefinitely removed from the schedule after 4/23.

From thefutoncritic.com:

Monday, April 12, 2004 - 12:12 PM
    FOX Dumps 'Forever Eden' Until Summer
    By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX will once again go back to the drawing board on Friday nights as the network revealed today it has pulled its reality series "Forever Eden" from its schedule effective immediately.
    FOX's previously announced baseball coverage will fill the network's Friday slot this week while back-to-back episodes of "Totally Outrageous Behavior" and "World's Craziest Videos" are scheduled for April 23. Movies, beginning with "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider," will fill the entire Friday block starting April 30, the first Friday of the May sweeps period. The news means "Eden" more than likely won't resurface again - if at all - until the summer at the earliest.

"Eden" managed a paltry 1.9 rating/3 share in households and a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 for its most recent airing according to preliminary fast national data. Should both scores hold up nationally, they would mark the network's worst performance in the Friday, 9:00/8:00c hour this season.

Ahh, come on. I was really starting to get into this train wreck. What is FOX going to replace it with? More "Most Idiotic Moments Caught on Tape"? That's a real prize. Friggin morons.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I just volunteered to do the recapping for the next several weeks, too. Curse you fox!

SG, you're bad luck!!! Remind me to never get involved in a show you're recapping.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

What crud! I wanted to see new-girl Michelle and her scary makeup get into it with Neveen and her scary shiny face
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

WTF! I loved the Friday timeslot too! What am I supposed to do on Friday evenings now???
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread