+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Cancellation] Taking Bets now..

*gasp*

They are advertising again for Forever Eden.. I saw a TV ad, AND they are on the front page of fox.com.. maybe there is hope?!?!?!
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

They move the time-slots around to establish whether or not the show will be successful. If they're not sure whether a show will be or not, they'll put it in a bad time slot to see if it CAN survive on a bad night. If American Idol was moved to Fridays, I'm sure the ratings would hurt a bit, but I don't think enough to actually make an impact on its spot as the most successful show on TV right now. So that's how they determine if they've got a hit or not, and if they've got a show worth funding and producing.

I think it's a stupid strategy to determine whether or not a show will be successful, but a representative of FOX Carolina said this himself, in regards to Wonderfalls being canceled.

Also - I really hope that Forever Eden doesn't get canned because I enjoy this show. I don't think it will be as good as Paradise Hotel but it's the next best thing and I'll take it!

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Anonymous]They move the time-slots around to establish whether or not the show will be successful. If they're not sure whether a show will be or not, they'll put it in a bad time slot to see if it CAN survive on a bad night. If American Idol was moved to Fridays, I'm sure the ratings would hurt a bit, but I don't think enough to actually make an impact on its spot as the most successful show on TV right now. So that's how they determine if they've got a hit or not, and if they've got a show worth funding and producing. I think it's a stupid strategy to determine whether or not a show will be successful, but a representative of FOX Carolina said this himself, in regards to Wonderfalls being canceled.

i work for fox at the network in los angeles, and no, that is not correct. it is NOT a test of whether a show is a hit that we'll try it on fridays or other poor timeslots. it is almost always a sign of low expectations. there are much better ways to determine if a show has potential (focus groups, etc.) than that!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I'm still holding out for the next Paradise Hotel.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

So i assume that this show will only go on until cancellation. There isn't really going to be one person standing in this type of show.
    i wish they would have started out with like 32 people. Then kick off 5 down to what they have now which is like what 13?
    then go back to their regular routine.
    cause that place looks pretty big to hold alot of people. More drama.

This show can't even sell itself out of a paper bag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12