+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saving Eden?

Saving Eden?

Since blowing up the island is not an option, what do you think can make this show better?

- no more preplays and replays please... god... I tolerated it for PH but even then it added nothing to the show
    - bring in a fat naked guy (I want Richard back!), or Steve from Obnoxious FiancÚ
    - cut the apples and snake shots, unless they put a real snake on someone's bed instead of that apple
    - everytime someone uses the word "good and evil" (within one sentence), "twist/surprise" or "most....ever", all guests and host have to throw themselves on the floor and go into compulsive fits or dance to the tune of YMCA
    Last edited by makerc; 03-03-2004 at 12:12 AM.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

Fort Member
    The missing element that made Love Crusie and Paradise Hotel watchable..........
    The bulging eyes and paranoia of TONI
    I thought she was an automatic inclusion in these tyes of shows

I think you have a point Lucynda. The contestants on Eden just seem lackluster compared to the PH crew. Maybe we just need some time for them to get more comfortable with each other and develop relationships/alliances.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

The host needs a new haircut, or a new stylist!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Ditch the twists.
    There have already been too many imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Ditch the twists.
    I'll echo that sentiment. This was billed as the "first Reality Soap Opera"...well, even the twistiest of Soaps lets the characters develop. They should all be partying, getting to know one another, and establishing their "roles", not voting people "least desireable" and banishing people already!

that's my only complaint, though
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Ditch the twists.
    I agree whole heartedly Fluff. Give us a chance to get to know these folks.

Yup. Yup. and yup. Too many twists and too fast.
    I really need to see some sex, drunk fights, backstabbing and alliances first. Then when everyone is all comfy and cozy in "Eden" the twists happen!
    I'm hoping those producers are reading our threads...cause this show is going to turn into one of the SHORTEST reality shows if they keep this crapfest happening.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's like playing Monopoly and you pull a Community Chest card that reads:

Go to jail..directly to jail, do not pass go and do not collect $200. Unless on your way you pass a hotel, if the hotel is on a green property, stop at that property. If it's a red property, go in reverse 10 spaces and pay everyone $100. If you pass a utility while going to jail, give one die to the players on your left and right...have each of them roll. Whatever # they roll, you need to double the total amount of both dice and move your pawn that amount. If you land on the same side as a property with 4 houses on it, the opponent to your right has to go to jail instead.
    If the opponent on the right goes to jail, you have the choice to "save" them by giving them the "get out of jail free" card. But if you give them the card, the opponent on your left gets all the money in the middle of the board....
    IF they get all the $ in the middle of the board, you're suddenly the banker. Give everyone $2.
    Last edited by Maveno; 03-03-2004 at 01:59 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think they should just replace most of the people they have on right now, or develop their characters better through editing. Really boring, and forgettable. I can hardly remember most of them.

I also agree with the people about the twists. Twists are only interesting and fun when they are unexpected and not every single show. When you have like three twists a show, it's just a messed up game and not really "twists".

I kinda think that the problem is that they are all thinking of this as a GAME....much like all of us. This is NOT a game, it is the "first open-ended unscripted soap opera"(straight from the FOX website). The only "game" element is the fact that, the longer you stay, the more you make. That's it. All of these twists and turns are only there to impose drama, create turmoil, and garner reactions.

And that's the problem I have with the twists and turns coming out right away. The "stars" hardly know each other, let alone the viewing audience knowing anyone. I feel like these 2 premiere episodes should have shown a little bio from each person, in their own words. Then show interactions, dinner, a party, etc. That first banishment happened on the FIRST night of their stay in Eden!!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast