+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saving Eden?

I wish they'd stop with the replay of stuff that happened 5min beforehand! That's so annoying. Do they think the veiwing audience is as dumb as the people on the show?

I have to agree with everyone's synopsis of the problems with Eden. I think that FOX forgot that on Paradise Hotel, no major twist happened until Tara came into the mix. That gave the audience 4-5 weeks to actually know the characters, and care about what happened to them. By having a constant turnover, we don't care about the characters as much. It might improve though. I will watch and see if it does, since I really didn't like Paradise Hotel until the Infamous Kavita-Zach fight!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Good point, how can you strategize or form alliances if you don't even know the rules yet? I didn't think of strategies or alliances when I watched PH, but Matt mentioned it in last night's episode and I guess that's what it was with Barbies vs. Originals.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    Good point, how can you strategize or form alliances if you don't even know the rules yet? I didn't think of strategies or alliances when I watched PH, but Matt mentioned it in last night's episode and I guess that's what it was with Barbies vs. Originals.
    I have a feeling that once all of guest get at least a basic grasp of the show, then alliances will start to occur.

Who is Matt? Did I miss him? Or are you thinking of Jordan?
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Croftcrism, Matt is the mouthy guy with the big teeth who was fighting with Mary before her "banishment". Kinda sees himself as a mercenary *survivor* type, I think. :rolleyes
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hug me!
    this show can't be saved.. the casts are BORING. It gets nothing on Paradise Hotel.!

forever Eden should rename to forever forgotten
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I'll echo that sentiment. This was billed as the "first Reality Soap Opera"...well, even the twistiest of Soaps lets the characters develop. They should all be partying, getting to know one another, and establishing their "roles", not voting people "least desireable" and banishing people already!

that's my only complaint, though

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    I have a feeling that once all of guest get at least a basic grasp of the show, then alliances will start to occur.
    Only if they realize what a big mistake they've made with this men vs. women thing they've set up. Also, as we've been saying they have to get rid of this sense that one of these arbitrary twists can knock anyone out at any time. There has to be a real opportunity for strategy for there to be real alliances. The absense of that is why the closest we've seen is several smug guys crowing about how they are "more strategic" than the girls, when in fact it's made absolutely no difference.

Look out here I come!!!! jodimax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    I think you have a point Lucynda. The contestants on Eden just seem lackluster compared to the PH crew. Maybe we just need some time for them to get more comfortable with each other and develop relationships/alliances.
    I am getting quiet a chuckle out of the guy with the BIG teeth - looks like he could eat corn thru a fence.. But I do miss the Bug eyes- "Game ON!"

FORT Irregular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    It's like playing Monopoly and you pull a Community Chest card that reads:

Go to jail..directly to jail, do not pass go and do not collect $200. Unless on your way you pass a hotel, if the hotel is on a green property, stop at that property. If it's a red property, go in reverse 10 spaces and pay everyone $100. If you pass a utility while going to jail, give one die to the players on your left and right...have each of them roll. Whatever # they roll, you need to double the total amount of both dice and move your pawn that amount. If you land on the same side as a property with 4 houses on it, the opponent to your right has to go to jail instead.
    If the opponent on the right goes to jail, you have the choice to "save" them by giving them the "get out of jail free" card. But if you give them the card, the opponent on your left gets all the money in the middle of the board....
    IF they get all the $ in the middle of the board, you're suddenly the banker. Give everyone $2.

Guess I can't use that for a "Guests of Forever Eden Playing Monopoly" parody now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast