+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate: Is this the worst reality show ever?

Debate: Is this the worst reality show ever?

The twists just for twist's sake. The inconsistent rules, dissallowing any true strategy. The absense of any real romantic tension. The lame camera work, and the hyper-cliched props and settings. The thus far boring as all-hell cast. The photocopied but inferior transplants from Paradise Hotel (which likely couldn't successfully be remade either).

Is this, in fact, the worst reality show ever? Were "Joe Millionaire 2" and "Mr. Personality" good programming in comparison? Would you rather have "Man vs. Beast 3" on your screen than this crap? Or is it just fun to watch a train wreck this huge?

Krom, it will only officially become the worst reality tv show ever if Toni shows up
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think it is too soon to declare this "the worst reality show ever", but I like the show so I guess I'm not that objective. One thing is for sure though, John doesn't like it at all and he usually is pretty good at predicting what kind of shows will fail.....

I would say that NBC's "Lost"and "Meet My Folks",BET's "College Hill, ABC's "The Family", and E's "The Anna Nicole Show" would be among the top contenders..

Just out of curiosity,Krom, what would be your..mmm....Top 5 of worst reality shows ever? (I'm sure this one will be near the top )

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I'm really THAT Dave
    This is (IMNSHO) simply a re-packaged version of "Paradise Hotel", but not nearly as interesting. I'm actually hoping that the island they're on is the Bikini Atoll.

Dave

The people on that island must feel like they are walking through a field of land mines, with no equipment or safety gear. There is absolutely no way to plan or decide which decision to make (when they are presented with one) because their choices aren't rewarded based on any sense of morals or strategy or fairness. When Mary was presented with the choice of sparing Craig or continuing with her plan to banish him, I knew that one of the two answers would result in her banishment. However, there was no way of telling which of the decisions would lead to her banishment. I thought for sure that if she spared Craig, his note would say something like, "Since you have spared someone, the island is now too full. You are now the banished one." Instead, they banished both of them. It's impossible to root for anyone on this show or try to think up strategies that might work (which is the fun of reality television, in my opinion), because the rules are so completely up in the air and inconsistent. When there is no consistency in the rules or twists, it's impossible not to feel that the producers are picking and choosing the outcomes constantly, so it just isn't fun to watch. Also, although I like to watch awkward moments as much as the next person, the emotional cruelty factor is pretty high. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of reality shows?

Let's call it "one of the most boring shows ever" for now...

I think this show could potentially be the worst.
    There is some stiff competition from Cupid though.

This show is already confusing, too many twists.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Maybe not the worst ("Are you Hot?", I'm looking at you!), but for now it's boring, predictable, and mind-numbing. You can even see the weird 'twists' coming from a mile away. It needs more drinking. Or sex maybe. Or yelling. All three would be nice. Just something other than good-looking kids running around in bikinis and swimming trunks talking about trust and game play. :rolleyes
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm willing to hang in there until the vicious backstabbing, name-calling, and deviousness begins but it better be soon.

Or at least until Braveheart shows up.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It's taking all the worst elements of Paradise Hotel and running with them. The repetitive shocked reaction shots, not to mention the habit of replaying the last minute or so of what was aired before a commercial break. It's horrendously bad so far, and I intend to keep watching
    Last edited by Texicana; 03-03-2004 at 10:02 AM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast