+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Debate: Is this the worst reality show ever?

I must have the same disorder as everyone else here. I too, find Eden to be absolutely horrendous, but I have no intentions of tuning out yet.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    Fox continuing with the whole PARADISE crapola whether it be "hotel", "island" or "Eden". Once again with the lame host with the even lamer sounding accent???? Watching only cuz I like train wrecks!!!!!

The problem I have is that they are not giving us any time to get to know the contestants so we cannot form an opinion one way or another about them. They are eliminating people way too soon and making it imposible to form alliances, strategize or create drama. This is why we loved P-Ho so much is because it became the good v. evil but that's only because we got an opportunity to get to know and hate/love the characters there.

I'll stick around for a while only because Fox has a habit of making stuff up as they go along.

This is one of my secret, guilty pleasures. I don't really go for the "dating" shows, but for some reason I just really enjoy this format. I like the Dramatic Voiceover Guy and his music....I like the reaction shots, I don't like the constant recapping and pre-capping, but I have TiVo, so I skip it....I like the twists, and to see everyone squirm. But yeah, they need to let the characters develop, let relationships develop, have them doing some activities, etc.

I will keep watching.

As far as worst reality show?? I think either Temptation Island, Are you Hot?(nice call, SG), or Cupid would be my choices
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Well, I missed the first two shows, but apparently I didn't miss very much.

So is there a DVM for this show too? There better be, or I won't bother watching. That guy has the coolest voice ever (except maybe for Dennis Franchione, but that's only for a pure humor factor).
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I get a headache trying to watch this show. THe video quality is very dark, I can't tell who is who. THe mouths don't always match with what people are saying, consenquently they can edit in just about anything they want to, THe camera zooms are shakey and too fast. And blurry, everybody is too blurry, haven't they learned how to use the focus knob. The only guy I remember is the guy with the teeth.
    The game rules are not clear either.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Krom, it will only officially become the worst reality tv show ever if Toni shows up

How bout some new manboobs ala Dave from Paradise Hotel?
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    How bout some new manboobs ala Dave from Paradise Hotel?
    No , instead we got gorilla boy. You know, the short one with the Napoleon complex.

I got this weird feeling in my stomach when one of them said "Here's a toast to the 11 originals.

It's too soon to say if it's the worst reality show ever, but it's not the best one, that's for sure.
    At least, the DVM is back in all his glory!

I don't think it's the worst reality show ever, but it is definitley lacking something. I think maybe some people (myself included) might of been expecting more because of the hype of it to be Paradise Hotel.

I think the cast is boring. I'm usually good with remembering all the names after the first episode, and I could probably only tell you who a couple of them are. Hopefully the show will get better, but for now, I will just agree with John in saying that it is one of the most boring.

+ Reply to Thread