+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Debate: Is this the worst reality show ever?

I liked the family, I got annoyed when it randomly got booted and came back what a year later?

Anyway.. I really like it, I just wish they didn't move it to Apprentice time.. not logical I don't think.. I think they could do away with flashbacking to somethign just last commerical break all the time.. for the same of irony, with everyone lying, its funny sometimes, but I mean come on..

As for far worse, there was plenty.. What about the Amazing Race thing that I think ABC did? or was it NBC? I forget.. Amazing race took off, their verison lasted 2 days or something.. it was great, I laughed..

One thing that boggles my mind is how do they plan to end it.. I know they said its a reality TV show that never ends, but seriously, it has to end some how with a winner, or set of winners.. Unless it was anticipated to get canceled and thats the ending? lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    As for far worse, there was plenty.. What about the Amazing Race thing that I think ABC did? or was it NBC? I forget.. Amazing race took off, their verison lasted 2 days or something.. it was great, I laughed..

One thing that boggles my mind is how do they plan to end it.. I know they said its a reality TV show that never ends, but seriously, it has to end some how with a winner, or set of winners.. Unless it was anticipated to get canceled and thats the ending? lol..
    Okay, I have to say this. The Amazing Race is one of hte THE best reality shows. It's won awards for crying out loud. Okay, that's off my chest. I know we're all entitled to our own opinions, but I've just never heard the Amazing Race rediculed.

Back on topic: I noticed last night that instead of saying "forever" about how long the show is, DVM is now saying "3 years"...hmm, somebody at Fox is catching on.

FG I think Jahim is referring to the AR diluted rip off called LOST. It only lasted 4 eps I think.
    I personally liked it but Amazing Race is just that - Amazing I can't wait until AR4 I'm dying to see it!!

and Jahim the Family was put on hold because it was showing during 9/11 and ABC (?) wanted it to run in it's entirety without threat of being pre-emted by news coverage.

to the FORT Jahim
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Okay, I have to say this. The Amazing Race is one of hte THE best reality shows. It's won awards for crying out loud. Okay, that's off my chest. I know we're all entitled to our own opinions, but I've just never heard the Amazing Race rediculed.

Back on topic: I noticed last night that instead of saying "forever" about how long the show is, DVM is now saying "3 years"...hmm, somebody at Fox is catching on.
    FG-- I don't think Jahim was saying TAR is bad....I think he/she was saying that whatever "takeoff" of TAR that ABC or NBC did was terrible. Which I vaguely recall, it WAS terrible.

The one thing about "eden" that is still bugging me, and jahim hit on it too, is that THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE "A GAME". It is the first non-scripted soap opera. NOt a game. Not Not Not. You only "win" by staying. That's it. There is no "ultimate prize at the end". The goal is for these people to stay as long as possible. For characters to develop, for backs to get stabbed, etc. And the producers are going to throw as many curveballs at them as possible. It is the producers who are playing a game. It is just up to the residents to deal with the curves and stay in Eden.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    FG I think Jahim is referring to the AR diluted rip off called LOST. It only lasted 4 eps I think.
    I personally liked it but Amazing Race is just that - Amazing I can't wait until AR4 I'm dying to see it!!

and Jahim the Family was put on hold because it was showing during 9/11 and ABC (?) wanted it to run in it's entirety without threat of being pre-emted by news coverage.

to the FORT Jahim
    Oh. Thanks for filling me in Duxxy. I only started watching AR last summer and I'm hooked. Couldn't imagine anybody not liking it. I think we've discussed forming a team of never met fort members from acrosss the border at one time.

I also liked the Family (I think more because of Wayner's recaps) which was pre-empted, not because of 9/11, but because it was the beginning of our "war on terror". I remember it distinctly because it was the week I moved into my new home. I had that, Celebrity Mole and I'm a Celebrity get me out of here to look forward to after a long day of cleaning and painting. Now I'm a Celebrity was one of the worst reality shows I've seen.

I'm still digging Eden though. I'm probably part of a minority, but I was when P-Ho started last year too. Then I met all my crazy friends here on teh fort and it was all better again.

we should all write to Fox .. and the dumbass British company that is producing this.. tell them exactly what's wrong with their baby
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I'm still digging Eden though. I'm probably part of a minority, but I was when P-Ho started last year too. Then I met all my crazy friends here on teh fort and it was all better again.
    ::sniff:: You got that right funnygirl! My only saving-grace to continue watching this is when The Apprentice ends and hopefully nothing else in on in that timeslot. I'm feeling like an outsider right now..
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan
    Yes....yes....this is the worst reality show ever.

I have never seen a collective of more unlikeable, juvenile, petty, and air-heated twits all gathered into such a small space...Who was the "genius" in Hollywood that got this concept green-lighted?........
    I agree. I won't even come up with new ways to bash the show. I'll just recycle old posts from Paradise Hotel:

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I hate them all.
    They're shallow, self-absorbed, boring, unimaginative and stupid.
    Even the Neanderthal football jocks (no offense to Neanderthals) at my college had more charm than these half-wits.
    Last edited by candor; 03-26-2004 at 08:23 PM.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I must say this week has gotten better, and by far this isnt the worst reality show ever. "All American Girl" took that title a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I must say this week has gotten better, and by far this isnt the worst reality show ever. "All American Girl" took that title a long time ago.
    Now that was a stupid show!
    Actually Forever Eden is getting more interesting; more fighting & back stabbing going on. Bring it on

+ Reply to Thread