+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I wonder if the cast will keep rotating, or if a few people will be mainstays. I mean, they can vote out whomever they want, right? And if the viewers at home are sick of them, they can go on the show and get rid of them.

I dont know if that made sense...it's really early..
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I don't think the viewers will be part of this like Paradise. I could be mistaken though.

So far, Mary has been the most interesting character on this show - interesting in a bad way but interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers threw in the twist to throw a guy off, cos they want to keep Mary around. But god, how many times can they preplay and replayed her black toes comment?? Honestly everytime someone mentioned her inappropriate comments it was cue to cut to that scene again. Do they assume the audience have a memory span of 1 minute? I bet it'll be in a replay tonight?
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    I didn't really like it. One of the things I hated about Pho was the neverending twist game. It was like they had Chubby Checker on or something. The other issue I have is that Pho was at least pretending to have real people on it. These folks are all rock hard, sculpted, model-esque types....

Just came off a little lame last I guess. Maybe it will pick up though...
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Things that were fun to see again:

The same announcer as Paradise Hotel. Classic.
    The same music as PH during the show (at elimination) . Hilarious.
    (The opening credits music was crappy, but oh well.)
    The same camera shots, atmosphere shots as PH.
    The same microphone necklaces as PH.
    The same "reaction" shots and edits with pauses
    to slow. down. the. host. from. saying. dramatic. things. too. fast.

Ridiculous and funny.

I think it's gonna be great and yes it needs more time to get more characters fleshed out. I like that the producers don't take it seriously and that they script the twists to turn on the drama without any rules.
    I am just waiting to see the black and white flashing epileptic messages like "NEXT WEEK" or "TWIST"with the PH dramatic music to make it really clear what is coming up. Can't be more dumbed down than that and it works well. =)

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    So far, Mary has been the most interesting character on this show - interesting in a bad way but interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers threw in the twist to throw a guy off, cos they want to keep Mary around. But god, how many times can they preplay and replayed her black toes comment?? Honestly everytime someone mentioned her inappropriate comments it was cue to cut to that scene again. Do they assume the audience have a memory span of 1 minute? I bet it'll be in a replay tonight?
    I think that the producers have made the same deal with the cameramen that they made on Paradise Hotel:

At least 10 minutes of the current show will be a replay of what the audience has already seen.

Although it is good for when people are being hypocritical, it is annoying most of the time. Who could forget Alex's infamous poker heist that was played for us for 2 hours!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Not Bad

While it's not yet up to par with PH I can't say I hated it. I'm always willing to give a new show more than one episode so I'll stick around a while longer.
    Here's hoping!

I have so much to say about this show, but I didn't sleep a wink last night. My gf has the worse flu in history...

So, I'll be back later... after the Red Bull kicks in.
    Honestly..I need the energy to type everything. I'll go warm up my typing fingers in House of Dreams.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Jordan's Hair

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    What the heck was Jordan doing to his hair? Is that some sort of treatment for balding?
    Yes Stargazer I believe you are correct. I'm thinking maybe Follicure or something like that.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar
    I wasn't able to watch last night, but I am going to watch tonight if possible. It's been interesting reading this thread.

Are any of the great FORT writers doing recaps? I haven't seen any mention of that yet.

+ Reply to Thread