+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mary

FORT Fogey
    I have to say i was totally wrong about her, i thought she was going to be smart and bitchy, she is like the complete opposite.

I could understand living in Salt Lake City and possibly never speaking to a black person. Especially with the whole Mormon thing, but she now lives in Scottsadale, AZ. There is no way she has never had contact with a black person while living in Scottsdale, AZ. She just comes off as very ignorant.

Even if you have never seen a black guy before, what the hell colour would you expect his feet to be?

She showed herself to be completely ignorant last night.
    "That's Numberwang!"

We were disucssing the issue with Mary here at work and some of my co-workers asked if I was offeneded and do I think Mary is a racist. I don't think she is a racist, but I do believe she is very IGNORANT and is using the "sweet girl from Arizona" behavior as an act. I mean, really. Some things are just obvious and like someone stated earlier, what color would you expect Michael's feet to be if he is a black man. It just doesn't make stupid sense. With that said, I can definitely see her picking Michael to leave with her and not the character that told her right out---I never liked you from the beginning.

Captain of the World
    Please don't associate her stupidity and naivity with being from Salt Lake and the "whole Mormon" thing.

So now you know where I am from and my religion, the fact is she is just dumb. It has nothing to do with where she is from or what religion she is. Although they are less than 2% of the population the African American community is growing rapidly in the state.

Stupid is stupid and ignorant is ignorant no matter where you are from or what religion you are.

OK, when I was watching last night, I made the ultimate mistake and forgot to check out where she was from before I watched the show. I was amazed by her ignorance, but my fiancée tried to convince me that she could be from a small town, and have innocently had no contact with black people (since he as blinded by her gigantic boobs!). Now that I know that she is from Scottsdale, it seems that her non-contact with another race is self-imposed. Sadly, I have been to Scottsdale before, and it is definitely not lily white. The only way that you would have NEVER talked to a black person before is by choice! Her self-imposed segregation seems racist to me!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

I was amazed at how utterly ignorant she acted on the show & couldn't understand why she even said some of those stupid comments. Based on her background in sports & sports clubs, she would never have had contact with black people before this show? Yea right. Unbelievable.

Her comment was just plain stupid. And saying that maybe she was from a small town and never saw a black person I just don't think so. I live in a small hick town in Montana to where there are few black people, but still if I had never seen one I personally would have never made the comment that she did regarding the color of his feet. What color did she think they would have been??

Aside from all that, who do you think she is going to send packing? I think it might be the guy that said he didn't like her from the beginning.
    ~Monti~

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaGirl
    Her comment was just plain stupid. And saying that maybe she was from a small town and never saw a black person I just don't think so. I live in a small hick town in Montana to where there are few black people, but still if I had never seen one I personally would have never made the comment that she did regarding the color of his feet. What color did she think they would have been??

Aside from all that, who do you think she is going to send packing? I think it might be the guy that said he didn't like her from the beginning.
    First, she is from Scottsdale, which has a population of over 200,000 people, and is located right next to Phenoix. It think that it is safe to say that she is not from a small town!!!

As for who she is going to kick off, I really doubt that she is going to kick off the guy that said that he didn’t like her (watch me be wrong!). I think that is too predictable editing, and fox will try to change it somehow so that the viewers are a little surpised!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

I knew where she was from....

you had earlier said but my fiancée tried to convince me that she could be from a small town, and have innocently had no contact with black people that is why I had said what I did about her "possibly" being from a small town.

I guess it's hard to say so early on who she is going to let go as it is so early in the show.
    ~Monti~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast