+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 7/21 FNS 9 Episode 7 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

7/21 FNS 9 Episode 7 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

What's the pitch tonight?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 7/21 FNS 9 Episode 7 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

First, they have to make a pasta dish, and then they have to describe a dish to camera. At the challenge, they bring them out two-by-two (Lovely returned from Star Salvation), and then they made them change places and describe the other person's dish.

Then Nicki (the winner) got to pick two other members for her team (she chose Stacy and Damaris), and the two teams each went to a different restaurant (Nicki's team got a donut place, the other team got a pizza place), where each team had to put together a piece about the location (including directing, acting, and producing, I think).

The winning team (again, Nicki's) was safe; someone on the other team was up for elimination.

It was really interesting to see who was able to step up and who wasn't. Stacy had lots of problems (she talked over the donut guy, although she was worse in the first take than in the final); Nicki was really good, Damaris wasn't great in the first but was much better in the second. Giada is really rooting for the Pie Guy, so it looks like he's going to be safe for awhile. Alton asked the other judges to think of whose show they'd turn off; Lovely went home again.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Giada is really rooting for the Pie Guy, so it looks like he's going to be safe for awhile. Alton asked the other judges to think of whose show they'd turn off; Lovely went home again.
    Just when I thought Giada knew a thing or two about shows... because honestly out of the contestants, I'd shut off - in this order - RODNEY'S, Lovely's, Russell's. The rest are a tossup, because I like all three women. Of the men, I really only want Russell to win.

Fortunately we get to decide this season; however, I feel they're trying to lead us to choosing Rodney.

But if they choose Rodney, his show would be canceled after half a season because he cannot speak well enough for us to understand him (a CLEAR issue one of the judges had tonight), he's way too boisterous (Guy's bad, but he is tamer than Rodney), and he's had bad dishes unless he's done a sweet pie (meaning he's one note).
    Ellen and Kip like this.

And Rodney and Russell are safe again! Even Russell himself said he's been in the bottom FIVE times. Obviosuly he's not winning this thing. I'm really sick of "Pie Style". What the heck is that?! I like Nikki, but I think she is a tad boring and underanimated. She's calm, cool, and collected in a way that makes her a snoozefest sometimes, but I think the judges really like her POV. "Meat on the Side" is a great concept and something new for their network. She's hasn't done anything horrible, so I think she will easily make the finals. I like Stacey, but she was a total cheese-fest when interviewing the Donut Man and came across as fake- too many big smiles at the camera. I think she too will make the finals, but I'm not sure about her "Vintage" POV- I haven't quite figured it out yet. I really like Damaris. There is something very charming and kooky about her, but she hasn't been doing all that well in the camera challenges. She improved this time around, so maybe there's hope. Again, her "Southern" POV isn't all that different or exciting, so that could hurt her in the end. It's a hard one to call at this point- I guess it depends whose left to vote for when the viewers have their say (and despite what Giada thinks, I don't think they will be calling in droves for Rodney!).

Rodney is Guy Light. Guy has worn out his welcome so the very last thing I want to see is another Guy.

I'm glad that Connie is gone (I refuse to call these people by some ridiculous nickname). Couldn't stand her the first time around, disliked her even more the second time around. I found it funny that the ones I disliked the most were all on team poseurs.

I like Stacy, Nicki, and Damaris. I wouldn't watch a cooking show by any of them but that's because I don't like watching cooking shows. However, I would watch a traveling show. I like those. I think Damaris would be great in some sort of show where she got to use her skills as an instructor. Perhaps something teaching different techniques or traveling to various places to show the technique?

I don't know, just trying to think what sort of show i would watch with either of these ladies.

Stacy reminds me of R. Ray. I think that will help her because clearly the network likes those over the top personalities with huge smiles (Hello there Pez Head Giada).
    Hyper and mesachick like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post

... I think Damaris would be great in some sort of show where she got to use her skills as an instructor. Perhaps something teaching different techniques or traveling to various places to show the technique?

... I think that will help her because clearly the network likes those over the top personalities with huge smiles (Hello there Pez Head Giada).
    LOL - my brother called Giada "Bobblehead" - and my husband hates her grimace smile.

I like the idea of a teaching show. Maybe teaching a technique to a different person each show and making two or three things highlighting that technique.

I don't watch as many cooking shows as I used to. After a while, even some hosts I liked initially get annoying (Rachel, Giada, that lady from Long Island...). I rarely sit and watch cooking shows; I have them on while I'm doing something else. If something sounds good, I'll watch for a few minutes, or go online later and get the recipes. Anyway, getting back to a teaching show, I've picked up a few recipes over the years from cooking shows, but more important to me, I've picked up some "tricks" and techniques that I used all the time.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000
    Stacy reminds me of R. Ray. I think that will help her because clearly the network likes those over the top personalities with huge smiles (Hello there Pez Head Giada).
    LOL! Quick story from at least 5 years ago: The very first time hubby was in the room when I was watching Giada he made a comment that reaffirmed I had chosen the right man to spend my life with. Giada was wearing this rather revealing, rather tight-fitting shirt and it was very obvious she was well-endowed. He watched for about a minute or two and then got up to leave, saying "I can't watch her. Her TEETH are enormous". I laughed and said I would have thought it would have been something else he would have noticed first. As if on cue, she bends over the table. He looked again, shook his head and said she reminded him of one of those giant headed Mardi Gras jester characters. You just know every time I see her, I think about this:

mardi gras jester.jpg

It was doubly funny when Demaris was stalling for time and asked if she had any food stuck in her teeth. Giada flashed one of her trademark smiles as if she were trying to show off that she had nothing stuck in her teeth either!
    NFL1 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I honestly think Giada looks a little better this year on the show then she did last year. Yes she still looks fake with that smile, but last year something was really wrong, I don't know whether last year it was to much botox/plastic, bad makeup, or just to much of the forced smile but she always looked plastic.

This year she either has better makeup or they are showing more moments when she isn't trying to smile or something. But except when she has the high beam smile on she looks a little more real this year.

Giada has gained some weight, that's why she looks better this year. Some people look like Pez Heads when they get too skinny, she doesn't look like walking death anymore. She actually has started to look a little more healthy. Whomever convinced her to gain some weight told her right.

HAHA Sew&Sew - she does look like a giant Jester Head!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Giada has gained some weight, that's why she looks better this year.
    I finally looked back at a picture from last year and one from this year and you nailed it. She was too skinny last year, didn't look like her body fit her head right. Now she is an better weight to fit her look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast