+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 7/7 FNS 9 Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

7/7 FNS 9 Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

"Product Pitch" - the chefs have to align their own brand with certain products, and pitch it to some big food company executives.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 7/7 FNS 9 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

I'd have eliminated Dinki tonight, but I'm not unhappy with tonight's elimination.

I really want to try Stacy's caramel sauce. I wonder if they use it at her family's restaurant. It's not far from where I live...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Why are they keeping the Pie Man around? I don't get what the attraction is.

I could not understand one word of his 'pitch' to the execs, and his pie in a jar concept looked like crap. Who would buy a pie jar with a wire hanger handle duct taped to it ?

Still liking Stacey and hoping she can pull off the win.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Why are they keeping the Pie Man around? I don't get what the attraction is.

I could not understand one word of his 'pitch' to the execs, and his pie in a jar concept looked like crap. Who would buy a pie jar with a wire hanger handle duct taped to it ?

Still liking Stacey and hoping she can pull off the win.
    Honestly I think they think Rodney (Pie Man) has the looks to be the next Food Network Star I guess. He has IMHO gotten worse and worse. Looks are only half of it (though I could go on and on as far as that's concerned), and he's failing on the more IMPORTANT thing - you have to be UNDERSTOOD by the folks.

I get where he's coming from with the pie in a jar concept (the cupcake in a jar idea that IS popular) but a pie in a jar is not only messy... there is a similar idea being sold. That case, it's the ingredients for a pie ... in a jar. The kind where you actually have to only add a few staples in it and bake. So - to me if I were a judge I'd nail him on that little fact too (product confusion).

IMHO, I'd rather Russell win over Rodney, and I'm no fan of Russell's. My favorite male is Chad (though he is struggling) now that Viet is out, but I'm hoping a woman, preferably Stacey, wins this.
    Kip and dzigner like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

At least Rodney made something good this week. I would have been happy with either him or Chris leaving.

When Rodney talked about putting the wire handle on his jar, I wondered how it would work stacking jars on a shelf.

Stacey's still my favorite, and I also like Nikki and Chad, but sometimes on this show someone comes on strong at the end. Russell's showed some good presentation skills the last two weeks.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

As much as I don't like Chris, I really thought it should have been The Pie Man who was sent home.

He's like a little child . . . Mom is standing behind him warning him not to stick the letter opener into the electrical outlet but he just goes ahead and does it anyway.

Bobby, Giada and Alton TRIED to give him advice and the graphic designer woman was sitting there saying "ummmm, ummmmm, ummmmmmm". So he ended up with a coat hanger, a wad of dough and a fanny pack around the jar. Seriously? Duct tape does NOT fix everything!

At least Chris had a product that didn't look like it came from the 99 cent table at a flea market.

Still thinking they've already decided that Stacey will win . . . I don't have a problem with the outcome, but I do object to how they get there.
    Duckyface likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

This is SLIGHTLY off-topic, so I've posted it as a separate thought from what I wrote above . . .

Did anyone watch Food Court Wars with Tyler Florence?

There doesn't seem to be a thread for it so maybe there isn't enough interest.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    This is SLIGHTLY off-topic, so I've posted it as a separate thought from what I wrote above . . .

I did. And I thought it was kind of stupid.
    Is this a series or a one-time thing?
    I'm hoping one-time thing.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't know anyone who would look at that "pie in a jar" that Rodney created and want to try it. The packaging was just all wrong. Alton tried to give him advice and he didn't listen. The graphic designer tried to give him advice and he didn't listen. I can't see them wanting to produce a show with someone who won't listen to advice. I bet, and hope, he's out in the next couple of weeks.

I don't mind that Chris left though. I didn't care for him. He just came across as skeezy to me.

I thought both Damaris and Stacey had really attractive packaging. They have some skills in the design area.
    Ellen and Little Sew&Sew like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

You can talk about Food Court Wars in the Food Network thread in Other Reality Shows. If there's enough interest, it can have its own thread in that forum.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast