+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 6/30 FNS 9 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 6/30 FNS 9 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm sorry to see Viet go, hopefully he will win redemption kitchen (or whatever it's called) and come back.

I can't stand the Pie Man... he needs to go home. I've not paid close enough attention, does Pie Man wear his hat in the kitchen while cooking too? I don't care for Russel, even if he has improved in the camera challenges. I wouldn't watch his show either.

My two faves at this point at Stacey and Nikki. I really enjoyed Stacey's segment during the 4th of July LIVE challenge, she seemed very personable, and entertaining.

Yeah, with Viet and his sweet smile gone, I'm going with Stacey and Nikki, also. They seem camera ready and quite sensible.

I sympathize with Viet, as I've had that brain to muscle freeze at the most inappropriate moments. It's difficult to find that calm spot when your anxiety kicks in.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Aw, poor Viet....I really liked him and thought he was a talented chef but totally lacked any confidence. I think that affected his cooking and his ability on camera.
    I hate the Pie Man....who hasn't yet been able to make any decent kind of pie!....and Russell. I think part of why I dislike them is because they aren't Real. They're trying sooooo hard to be something they aren't.
    Pieman wants to be So Cool...and he's not. Nor can I understand him.
    Russell seems to want to be a Bad Guy....but he's not. He seems like a real decent person and comes across as phony. The camera will pick up on that.
    Stacy seems to be the best bet so far to win. I like her a lot.
    And I'm probably in the minority but I think Demaris could be a contender if she'd give up the silly girly stuff. She has a quirky sense of humor and is attractive but she needs a lot of guidance. Although I was quite surprised to find out she was 32. I thought she acted like a 20 year old so unless she straightens up her act, she's a goner.
    I don't care for Nikki at all. She seems too smug.
    But what do I know??

I like Nikki and I like her POV. Many of us want to cut down on meat and eat more veggies. I would watch her show.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Right now, I favor Stacey. But I wouldn't be averse to Nikki (albeit the unfortunately too-cutesy name).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Dear Damaris,

Please stop lifting your arms up over your head and exposing your armpits while cooking or mixing drinks.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

A viewer who wishes you well.
    Kip and Duckyface like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I'm pretty sure Stacey will be in the finals and probably has the greatest chance of winning as it stands now. Rodney is just so annoying. I don't like his hat, his lingo, or anything else about him. He really should have been eliminated by now, since he can't speak coherently and proclaims to be a "pie guy" and has failed to make even one decent pie. I liked Viet but he really did badly this week, so he was the right choice to be sent home. Russell seems too forced with his "7 culinary sins" POV and it feels like he's trying too hard. And yeah, his throw to commercial was pretty good, but I don't think that should necessarily have been enough to save him. After all, he would be talking about his food on a cooking show and the throws to commercial would make up a very small portion of the actual show, so being good at that isn't a huge asset.

I felt that the "curveball" challenge wasn't totally fair, since the planned mishaps weren't equal with respect to how much they impeded the contestants' ability to complete the demo. For example, the disappearing peppers directly affected Viet's ability to put the dish together, whereas something falling on the opposite side of the set really didn't affect Damaris. All she had to do was make a comment about the falling item and move on. Not having the peppers required Viet to improvise and change his actions to account for it. I was also confused as to what they expected Nikki to do when the fire alarm went off. Did they want her to just shout the demo over it until it stopped?
    Kip, libgirl2 and Hyper like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

The curveballs were obviously weighted by FN as regards its perception of ratings-draw and whom it wants to position for F2.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post

I felt that the "curveball" challenge wasn't totally fair, since the planned mishaps weren't equal with respect to how much they impeded the contestants' ability to complete the demo. For example, the disappearing peppers directly affected Viet's ability to put the dish together, whereas something falling on the opposite side of the set really didn't affect Damaris. All she had to do was make a comment about the falling item and move on. Not having the peppers required Viet to improvise and change his actions to account for it. I was also confused as to what they expected Nikki to do when the fire alarm went off. Did they want her to just shout the demo over it until it stopped?
    I hear a fire alarm, I find an exit.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I hear a fire alarm, I find an exit.
    At my wedding, the fire alarm in the church went off. During my brother's song when we were doing the unity candle schtick. I glanced (glared!) in the direction of the alarm. Some numbnutz leaned against the alarm and set it off by mistake. I mouthed "it's okay" to the guests, and "fix it!" to the church person. Them smiled and went on.
    It made for one of many stupid funny moments on our video. Oy. At least the marriage is better than the wedding was.

Fire alarms? After having taught in middle schools, I question them before running.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast