• 1 Post By Little Sew&Sew
  • 1 Post By hot_chocolate
  • 1 Post By Shoepie
  • 1 Post By Harmony2000

Thread: Viet Pham - Season 9

Viet Pham - Season 9

Viet Pham

Season 9 Finalist

Victor over Bobby Flay in Iron Chef America Battle Ground Meat, Viet, 34, was born in Malaysia and graduated from culinary school in California. He worked in restaurants in San Francisco before founding his own eatery in Salt Lake City, and he is known for his globally inspired dishes.

Read more at: Viet Pham, Food Network Star Season 9 Finalist
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 06-23-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Re: Viet Pham - Season 9

**sigh** Bobby Flay has battled more than one contestant in one way or another...at least this one won.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I think he could be a contender. I like that he's not frantic and over-the-top, but . . . . . he does need to find a "spark" to show us or we'll all be asleep in front of our televisions.
    Shoepie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think I'll like him if he can get more comfortable in front of the camera. I agree, the fact that he's not over the top is definitely a plus with this batch of contestants. Unfortunately, the judges probably will decide in the end that he doesn't have enough on-camera energy and eliminate him because of it (similar to what they were saying about Ippy all last season).
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Viet did a better job this go-round. My guess is that his decision to take on this challenge is much like someone who has a fear of falling and a fear of heights deciding to go skydiving. If 'public speaking' is that difficult, tell me again WHY you want to be in front of the camera????
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Viet did a better job this go-round. My guess is that his decision to take on this challenge is much like someone who has a fear of falling and a fear of heights deciding to go skydiving. If 'public speaking' is that difficult, tell me again WHY you want to be in front of the camera????
    Money, prestige and fame.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

I really like him.

I hope he figures things out and wins or sticks around long enough to get his own show.
    Florimel likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I'm watching an Extreme Chef marathon on FN and Viet is a top 3 finalist. He seems much more confident on EC...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Thanks...I caught it from top 6. Yes, he was even being called cocky by his competitors. He won his fair share of challenges, but, at the final two, lost to a guy who seems like a cross between Russel and Chad. He had a very emotional last cook off at a temple in Chiang Mai, Thailand. His family was Buddhist and it all reminded him of his parent's sacrifice getting him and his brother out of Viet Nam. The entered the states through a refugee camp in Malaysia like so many others. He is named Viet and his brother, Nam, so that they wouldn't forget where they came from.

What I didn't realize is that he has won awards, including a James Beard designation. I wonder why his food on Star didn't reflect his true talent?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread