+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I liked Eric too, but not at the expense of Ippy.
    sparklete likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Ah, two of my three favorites had to fight for a spot tonight. While I'm sad to see Eric go over a couple of the others, at least Ippy gets to keep on keeping on. I, too, hope they don't try to make him go all fake and hyper - we see enough of that with the all the current shows. My top favorite, Justin, won! Hooray, but be careful hubris doesn't trip you up...previews don't look good for you.

I loved the ham fascinator, and the fact that Emily wore it on her head. She is quirky, but too quirky for the long haul of a weekly show? Because of her quirk, she will replace Eric as one of my favorites.
    Florimel likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I don't think Susie and Tom? I keep forgetting the name of the head guy. Anyway, they have not traveled to Hawaii or spent much time observing the native culture. They are very laid back, so much so that you cannot be on a time schedule for meals or you will be late. He tried to tell them this but they want a power house. I don't enjoy watching over the top people. Rachael Ray seems to have calmed down a bit. I caught a recent show and she seems much more mellow thatn when she first came on the air. I have never watched her show much because of her cooking, really.

The public has a say in the final vote. We don't choose the winner but it is enough feedback for the judges to make and informed decision as to who viewers will watch.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 06-04-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Florimel and maude~flanders like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The head guy's name is Bob. His first name is a bit forgettable, but Tushman certainly isn't!

I know people who've lived in Hawaii and I have friends who are from other Pacific islands and they are not just easy going, they are LAID BACK! They shouldn't be trying to force Ippy to be all bubbly when that's not who he is. He's happy and smiling and that's enough for me. I don't do "perky".

Emily is shaping up to be my favorite. Yes, she's quirky . . . but I find it a good kind of quirky.

The Bitchin Kitchen lady is quirky too, but she's aggressively quirky and it's off-putting. I don't get that same feel from Emily.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I only watch cooking shows if their recipes pan out for me. Rachel Ray doesn't do it for me because she doesn't do anything that I can't figure out myself. I remember one episode where she made "burritos" for her family picnic that had chunks of fruit cut up and wrapped in a flour tortilla. Really? Aside from the stupidity of the idea, the chunks were huge! I don't want to try and eat a half of an apple wrapped up in a flour tortilla.

Semi Homemade recipes didn't work out for me. I tried a few of them and they were awful! But, Emeril's recipes have made it into my recipe box, and a few of Paula Deen's are good. I'm just not into killing my family by blocking their arteries. The Bitchen Kitchen lady is too fake for me to watch! And, Alton is a bit over the top, but I have learned quite a few techniques from him. Guy Fieri doesn't do anything unique in my book. Making buffalo chicken wings is not worth the trouble to me.

So, obviously, I watch for good recipes, and fresh ideas. I have to make dinner every night and need new things to try to keep from boring myself and family to death! So, I truly hope they don't just put another personality on who will make the same old thing that everyone else is making. We definitely don't need another grilling show, italian food, or comfort food show. And, I don't think I would make anything that Justin makes, even though it is different. There is no way I could serve my family raw meat cubes with mushroom gelatin!
    Florimel and Allie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    And, I don't think I would make anything that Justin makes, even though it is different. There is no way I could serve my family raw meat cubes with mushroom gelatin!
    I thought his dish looked gross. Maybe it tasted good, but it looked purple.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Semi Homemade recipes didn't work out for me. I tried a few of them and they were awful!
    I agree, her food is not all that. I can't understand how, or why, her show is still on the air.

Another thing that bugs that crap out of me is how everything in the kitchen including her table setting, and her wardrobe are color coordinated. Who does that? She changes it for each episode it seems. Her show bugest must be through the roof!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I agree, her food is not all that. I can't understand how, or why, her show is still on the air.

Another thing that bugs that crap out of me is how everything in the kitchen including her table setting, and her wardrobe are color coordinated. Who does that? She changes it for each episode it seems. Her show bugest must be through the roof!
    I tried one recipe of hers, first and last time... it didn't come out at all. It was a pie for party, I had to run out and buy something. Boo!
    Allie likes this.

The two cooks whose recipes I find myself using or trying out most often are Melissa and Ina. I like Emeril, but his recipes have too much pepper heat for my palate. Occasionally I'll find a Rachel recipe to try, but not often enough to watch her. I really don't like Guy at all. I know I would watch Ippy for new recipes in a cuisine that is new too me.
    Allie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Epicurious.com: Recipes, Menus, Cooking Articles & Food Guides and Fine Cooking - quick recipes, ingredients guide, how-to videos and community are fabulous sites for recipes. I use those and subscribe to Fine Cooking which is the best food mag out there. I rarely watch the cooking channel other than competitions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast