+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I actually hope Rory wins. I don't think Amy will get near as many votes.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2478761;
    If you did, you know you'd have the FORT vote!
    Hee. Thanks.

If you missed any of the episodes or just want to see them again, I think they are going to have a marathon of all the shows tomorrow starting at 1 pm Eastern and ending with the finale.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I really hope Amy wins. I never understood why they kept Rory around week after week. She was never sent home for mistakes that the others left for, constantly changed her point-of-view, and admittedly used her cleaveage to attract customers. It bothers me that the Food Network people think that their viewers are so shallow that we would rather see someone like her, with weaker skills and recipes, than someone like Amy, who they were not going to put in the final. Remember Rory's wedding cake? My children could have done better. She should have left long ago IMO.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Rory's cake was horrible. I think it reflected her taste level.

FORT Regular

Rory's wedding cake WAS awful, lol. But all of the contestant's cakes were pretty awful except for again---AMY's.

Rory's cake was such a mess, lol. However, she did redeem herself several times.

Son said that the only reason they kept JAG week after week was to expose him. If you think about it, there were times when it was so obvious that JAG should've been sent home. Even those who were initially rooting for him would have had to have seen that he was messing up royally.

However, son couldn't see why they sent Amy home and not Rory. Unless, now this is my thinking, if they were gonna bust JAG, people would be outraged that they eliminated Amy, and so when they finally got JAG out and brought back Amy, the public would go on an all out campaign to vote Amy as the Next Food Network Star, and that would take care of Rory.

Rory really didn't bug me all that much though. And I think I would like her. Alot of her food did look good, she wasn't putting on airs ---not that I'm saying others were, but she put herself out there and seemed to be showing who she genuinely was. I saw her food on the cover of Bon Appetite.

FORT Fanatic

I understand the last winner is the guy with the bleach blonde hair and the diner show. Who was the first winner?

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;2485003;
    I really hope Amy wins. I never understood why they kept Rory around week after week. She was never sent home for mistakes that the others left for, constantly changed her point-of-view, and admittedly used her cleaveage to attract customers. It bothers me that the Food Network people think that their viewers are so shallow that we would rather see someone like her, with weaker skills and recipes, than someone like Amy, who they were not going to put in the final. Remember Rory's wedding cake? My children could have done better. She should have left long ago IMO.
    I agree. They kept Rory around SO MANY times for things they sent other people home for. It really bothers me and my mom that she kept changing her food point of view but at least she's kept it consistent for the last 2 shows or so. (Although the whole "real food for real people" seems really vague and like it's been done.)

She should have gone home one of the first weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl;2485277;
    I understand the last winner is the guy with the bleach blonde hair and the diner show. Who was the first winner?
    The first winner is actually a team: Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh.

They have a catering business, The Hearty Boys, and the name of their show is Party Line with the Hearty Boys (or I think I've seen it more recently as Party Line with Dan and Steve).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Oh man! I can't wait for the show tonight!!!

I don't know about your son's conspiracy theory, Ledhead, but I do hope people are outraged and voted for Amy. I know did, and I've never voted for anything reality tv show.

FORT Fogey

The marathon starts at one today. I may re-watch some of it.

I am looking forward to tonight's finale.

+ Reply to Thread