+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 228 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Marc Summers is the host, he's just told them, when you're cooking "the host can never stop the show!"

This part is funny, they're learning to look at different cameras, read the teleprompter..while preparing the food. Some are better than others, I know I'd have a heck of a time attempting it.

Hans did really well on his first attempt.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I must say I am quite impressed with Harmony's ziplock bag for the icing.

Next they demo decorating a cake, but it's all been rigged for something to go wrong in each one to see how they are under pressure.

Brook's cake was STUCK to the pan, and the camera is about an inch from his face.

Susannah's prompter says her icing is softened PARMESAN cheese, and her mixer won't turn on.

Steve & Dan's frosting is frozen.

Michael's cake stand falls apart.

Eric is supposed to ice the cake, and there is no utensil for it, so he picks up a potato peeler to to frost it, plus his prompter goes dead.

Harmony's icing won't come out of her pastry bag, she improvises well by using a zip lock bag.

Hans has totally runny icing.

Deborah has bad feedback from a microphone..the lights go off and she stops talking, they come back on and she picks it up without missing a beat.

Next up, a challenge from Bobby Flay.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I must say I am quite impressed with Harmony's ziplock bag for the icing.
    Harmony kicked butt with that! I wouldn't have thought of it.

Bobby Flay has talked to them about the recipe break down, and to NEVER say "by the magic of tv" when presenting an already cooked dish.

Next up, they each have a recipe break-down by Bobby Flay, and have to demo their dish in front of Bobby. Then the selection committee will send one home.

Hans has roasted grits. Comments are made that Hans needs more personality.
    He is told to be more positive, and Bobby likes how he called spicy peppers "mean peppers".

Deborah has warm crab and potato salad. She forgets a pepper. Apparently she's not showing enough about "Deborah". Bobby says she has an unbelievable smile..but when she gets nervous she loses it.

Brook is nervous at first. Some sort of chicken. They think he needs to calm down a bit. Bobby says he needs to NOT mention salmonella

Susannah something with lots of onions...it's said they're not seeing a real person, they're seeing a tv host. Bobby says he wants to know who she is, but that halfway through, he finds out.

Michael (of the bad hair) has no water. They said he has all the right elements, but they're not together. Something with lots of bacon (which looks tasty). Bobby says he's very funny, but needs to be more organized.

Dan & Steve are making sea bass. It seems kind of busy with the two people in the kitchen (to me). But they (the committee) like it. Bobby says he thinks they weren't having fun until the end.

Harmony is next. She has the jitters. Not sure what she's cooking. They say if she can harness the energy and connect with the camera, she'll be a winner. Okay, it's a shrimp dish. Yum it looks good. Bobby says "good job".

Eric "Mr. Mean Cuisine" is making chicken. They think he is a deer in the headlights. (ooooh, fooey, I like Eric.) Bobby says he opened up, and likes his energy.

Well, the previews for next week just showed a few who obviously aren't eliminated tonight.

I didn't watch the preview part.... please, dear Lord, just let Harmony go home this week.

She's painful to watch, but I have a feeling she won't be the one to leave. Bobby seemed to feel that she had promise.

I called my Mom during commercial, and she really does not like Harmony.

Debra reminds me of Danielle from Big Brother.

+ Reply to Thread