+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I'm really surprised (though not disappointed ) that Kelsey was sent packing tonight. Adam sure stepped up when he needed to because IMO his fate was pretty much sealed unless he did.
    CYA

I couldn't stand Kelsey. If I had to hear one more time that she went to some fancy school and is young and wants to teach new cooks? I was going to throw something at the TV. Good riddance and good bye.

Actually? I probably wouldn't watch anything with any of them on it. They all get on my nerves in one way or another and yet I keep watching because Aaron and Lisa have moments in which I actually like them enough to root for them.

Adam is such a nonentity in my mind, I keep forgetting he is on the show. I think out of all the ones left he has the least amount of actual cooking ability.

FORT Fogey

I guess now for me it is down to rooting against whiney Lisa and rooting for Aaron. Adam just doesn't interest me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But he does have a lot of personality! And Aaron has a great personality if you can just get him to relax. And if I hear him say, "Cool!" one more time...which comes out as "Coo!", I'm going to scream!!

I respect Lisa's knowledge and food. She's awfully uptight, though.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-14-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kelsey is extremely talented, but she shot herself in the foot when the mentioned "culinary school" AGAIN.

Curiously, for the first time I saw something that might have made me want to watch a show of hers... especially if it were something like the "College Dorm Gourmet".

I'm long... LONG past my collee dorm days, but I'm always looking for tips on dressing up commercially available food... and there can be nothing wrong with teaching college kids to eat better!

OTOH, T'Lisa has definitely grown since she started. She is my choice FTW.

T'Lisa -- good nickname!

I notice that she's stopped her clothing designer-name dropping/price-tag dropping commentary -- either that, or (more likely) FN is editing those annoying nouveau-riche comments out.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3129476;
    Kelsey is extremely talented, but she shot herself in the foot when the mentioned "culinary school" AGAIN.
    Curiously, for the first time I saw something that might have made me want to watch a show of hers... especially if it were something like the "College Dorm Gourmet".
    hmmmm, that just might be a good idea for her! i think she'd do well.

FORT Fogey

Lisa looked like a frightening mad woman when she was hacking, oh "chopping", some of her ingrediants. And after reading her rant about the show editing, I think she is a big whiner.

I was surprised that they cut Kelsey, but based on last night's episode, it was understandable. Though she was definitely not my favorite, she did appear quite relaxed in front of the camera. I also thought her exit last night was quite professional and mature. I give her kudos for that. Adam also appears quite a natural with the camera, but definitely not someone whose show I'd watch. I like Aaron as he seems very friendly and comforting; am not sure he'll be able to pull it off, though. Lisa has grown on me during this competition. I like the fact that she, too, is a real cook; not just someone who opens boxes, like so many on FN do. Next week should be interesting. If Adam is in final 2, then I know that FN cares nothing about food, just presentation skills. Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, Mario, etc. were all great chefs to begin with, but did Not start out very well in their hosting ability.

I had nothing against Kelsey or Shane; I thought both were talented chefs with good personalities, and I agree that some additional experience will benefit them. I do like Lisa, always have. I like her sophistication and her food knowledge and she is the only one of them that makes the kind of food I would like to eat and would go to the food network site for recipes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread