+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 8/13 Food Network Star 13 Finale Show Discussion

8/13 Food Network Star 13 Finale Show Discussion

The Newest Food Network Star - It all comes down to the final week in the Season 13 finale, as Giada De Laurentiis and Bobby Flay watch the Food Network pilots for the final three finalists and determine who will be the next Food Network star.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 8/13 Food Network Star 13 Finale Show Discussion

YAY!!!!!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

The ending was pretty obvious over the show. The judes must have loved Rusty but there was no way he could have beat out Jason...although they made sure he over ran the other men ...almost right to the end.

Out of the final three they had - Jason was the right winner for the reason I've listed in other threads.

That said, in this final three it should've been either him or Cory. Rusty's pilot to me ran dry. I felt Jason had it won having to do a program in a definitely out of place subject for him and still did well (though he'll really have to pull back a bit on the colloquialisms - just a bit too many in one sitting. It's like ghost pepper - a little goes a long way).

I still think it should've been Jason and Matthew as the final two with Jason still winning. At least Matthew's wouldn't feel like paint drying. I think if he can ramp up the charisma a bit more he'd be a good FN host. That's really all that's missing now with his performances. He has grown up quite a bit.
    Arielflies and Silver18 like this.

I feel like Jason already had a show lined up and this competition was summer fodder.

CCL

I think Corey's pilot was the best one but Jason was best overall. Happy with the winner.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

So happy Jason won! I loved him on Holiday Baking Championship and I love him on this. Can't wait for the show.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I can't believe that Rusty came out ahead over Corey. Rusty's pilot was actually pretty bad IMO. He doesn't talk he yells ... over the top... I did think Jason was the best and glad he won. I too feel that Matthew should have been given the chance to do a pilot. Overall throughout the season, he did better than Rusty, like him or not. I really find a Giada incredibly annoying and clearly she and Bobby loved Rusty and didn't love Matthew. Good for Jason though

Matthew has become better at doing the job over time, but I think the judges came to the same conclusion I did a while ago: no matter how much you improve, if your personality and delivery aren't 'natural' and genial, it just doesn't work. He has always come off as a try-hard, as someone looking to impress rather than invite people in. Maybe he could develop a character that's a know-it-all superjudge on some new competition show, like The Beast on a cooking version of "The Chase" or something.
    Kao, Dinahann and tapper01 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

Congrats, Jason! Looking forward to the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast