+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 8/6 Food Network Star 13 Double Show Discussion

Re: 8/6 Food Network Star 13 Double Show Discussion

Jason puts a goofy grin on my face. Rusty makes me cringe. Cory leaves me cold. Go Jason!!!!
    dagwood likes this.

FORT Newbie

I am not a big Matthew fan but he did deserve to stay there over Rusty who yells. In previous years you could tell they kept someone that should have gone home based on prior good showings but this year, it didn't appear they did that. Rusty is a throw away. It's between Cory and Jason. I don't know if I'm impressed that they handpicked someone who already won the dessert show. Matthew in previous years bugged me but I think he's matured a lot. It should have been between Matthew and Jason.

edited to add: I don't know why I keep watching these reality shows. I always get irritated at the finale. Survivor, Amazing Race etc when I don't like the winners.
    GolfGrrl and Silver18 like this.

FORT Fogey

Wow, as much as I hated that they sent Cory packing rather than Amy who could have poisoned the judges, I really didn't like that Rusty took it over Mathew and I wasn't a fan of either man. I really thought the whole crew in general was less able than the contestants of previous years.
    You know how sometimes bad help is like no help...Suzanne???
    Dinahann and Silver18 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dabmusic View Post
    I am not a big Matthew fan but he did deserve to stay there over Rusty who yells. (snipped) It's between Cory and Jason. I don't know if I'm impressed that they handpicked someone who already won the dessert show. Matthew in previous years bugged me but I think he's matured a lot. It should have been between Matthew and Jason.
    Out of the finalists who are left, Jason is the only one IMHO who I feel should win.

Winning previous seasons or on another show to me doesn't disqualify anyone from being a repeat winner on another show.

It IS rare however - to my knowledge Nyle DiMarco is the ONLY contestant who has competed in these things to win two separate shows: America's Next Top Model and Dancing with the Stars.

That said, I agree with you - it should be Matthew and Jason for the win.

But, I had a feeling they would pull this type of stunt toward the end on Matthew, especially if he got really good toward the end.

Why you may ask?

It's honestly coming down to FN determining who they can select* who will last longer on the network.

*(And let's be honest - this wasn't just Giada and Bobby's decisions not based on the past couple of weeks.)

Matthew is good, but most of us know that he's been an arrogant fellow (to be nice) his first couple of seasons on the show. As someone said we might see his stupid "Hashtag" side again that put most of us off and hoped he'd just simply be disqualified.

Unfortunately, as we've seen here (and my own comments included) and around the Web, not many have forgotten the past.

He'd been lucky to last a full season of his own show/be a solo host. People wouldn't watch him because of those past transgressions, which is sad because I know several - including myself - who were able to see him grow and mature.

Corey and Rusty - I'm sorry, but they read to me as Treygay from last season. I'm not sure if we've ever really seen her since her win.

If they win, we will NOT see hide nor hair of them. If they do manage to survive the invisible issue, they'll get a co-host spot as she did.

On the positive, I do not believe any of the final four would be a Lenny - disparage and ridicule the network. If they were, they'd been gone a LONG time ago given the PR disaster his winning was.

Jason however is similar to a Damaris or Eddie type - able to accurately judge foods, has a charm about him and is relatable. He could slip easily into a cooking show, a show similar to "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives," be a host/judge of a cooking competition (if tones back his colloquialisms a bit - but this is an easy fix), or a judge on other cooking competitions.

In short - he is the most versatile and likable of the final four, and if FN is SMART fiscally with their employees and flexibility, he's the winner.
    dagwood, Kao, Arielflies and 1 others like this.

Matthew would not won over Jason - but I think he earned the right to try, so I am really bummed about that!

I am SO glad that little jerk is gone. I have NO idea why they let him try 3 seasons in a row. He came off like he knew better than anyone and I have never liked him!
    sunshine3331 likes this.

I am so opposite from you guys. I can not stand Jason and won't watch any show he is on. Am I the only person who is so over Bobby Flay?
    beerbelly likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Nope, I've never liked Bobby. Can't stand Guy. But I LOVE Alex.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I also was never a big Bobby fan, and to me Guy Fieri is a joke. But I love Alton, and Cutthroat Kitchen. It's my drug.
    beerbelly and tapper01 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12