+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 7/16 Food Network Star 13 Show Discussion

Re: 7/16 Food Network Star 13 Show Discussion

I think Jason is the clear winner. I think I like Amy because she is such a mess.
    crusin and Dinahann like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I don't mind Matthew as much this season - he has matured a bit for sure, but he is still too cocky for his own good. I definitely think his time is up and predict we will say goodbye to him next week...
    FireWoman and tapper01 like this.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Last week I was happy that Amy stayed, but this week I would have preferred she go over David. First time this season I didn't agree with the result.

Can Matthew just fall through a trap door already?
    He doesn't need to fall - he could be pushed.
    beerbelly, Arielflies and tapper01 like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Amy and Matthew have had nine lives...amazing both are still there
    I get the feeling Giada likes Amy. I've noticed a quick glimpse of Giada a couple of times right before Amy presents...Giada has a real smile on her face as she looks at Amy. Not that fake smile that she sometimes wears. I realize that lots of editing is being done, but I'm guessing for some reason she's pulling for Amy. I think Amy will probably be leaving soon, but I'd love to see Matthew leave first.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I get the feeling Giada likes Amy. I've noticed a quick glimpse of Giada a couple of times right before Amy presents...Giada has a real smile on her face as she looks at Amy. Not that fake smile that she sometimes wears. I realize that lots of editing is being done, but I'm guessing for some reason she's pulling for Amy. I think Amy will probably be leaving soon, but I'd love to see Matthew leave first.
    Agreed. perhaps Giada sees a bit of herself in Amy? I like Amy, and when she's "on" she's very good, but then she makes a silly mistake like first over cooking, then undercooking her filet. And it's supposed to be her signature dish!
    sunnydayz likes this.

She set it to rest on a burner that was turned on. Yes, a silly mistake, but she still did better with raw steak than David did with shrimp and grits.
    Dinahann, beerbelly and sunnydayz like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    She set it to rest on a burner that was turned on. Yes, a silly mistake, but she still did better with raw steak than David did with shrimp and grits.
    David didn't season his grits, which brings up another point. Time after time the judges scold them for not seasoning, or under seasoning their food. How can they forget to season and taste everything before serving? Makes you wonder how much experience they really have as cooks. Isn't Cory the only professional chef remaining? He seems to be an excellent chef, but he's got no spark to me.

I really want Jason to win. I know he won the Holiday Baking Championship and I enjoyed watching him on that as well.

I like that Jason has showed he is versatile and engaging. I'm hoping he goes all the way as well.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I noticed that the prizes don't include a show==not that any of the previous winners had longevity on their shows.

I noticed that also. The most previous winners are doing well as judges on the competition shows, maybe they look to that as the outlet as well as internet recipes. Then, too, maybe they are waiting to see who will win before they decide how to bring them into the network. Sunny did say to Bobby/Giada that she looks forward to see who they throw their way. (The Kitchen?) But they already have five hosts, so maybe not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12