+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Arielflies
  • 1 Post By agamergirl
  • 1 Post By Arielflies

Thread: Food Network Star 13 (premieres June 4th) - News & Speculation

Food Network Star 13 (premieres June 4th) - News & Speculation

Like last year, it begins with Comeback Kitchen specials on May 21st and 28th.

Comeback Kitchen | Food Network Star | Food Network

Then the season starts for real on Sunday June 4th with 12 chefs:

Lucky 13: The New Season of Food Network Star Is Set to Begin in June | Star Blog

Here's a photo gallery rundown of the 12 finalists:

Meet the Food Network Star, Season 13 Finalists | Food Network Star | Food Network
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Food Network Star 13 (premieres June 4th) - News & Speculation

I thought I recognized one of the contestants:

Jason Smith (Grayson, Kentucky)

From his bright and vibrant outfits to his off-the-cuff sayings, Jason, 39, describes himself as the down-home chef. A school cafeteria cooking manager and caterer, Jason has been cooking his entire life, with his modern, elevated recipes not only tasting delicious, but also being budget friendly. A self-taught chef and baker who previously competed on and won Food Network’s Holiday Baking Championship, Jason shows viewers you don’t have to be a professional chef to cook delicious food.
    He was a hoot and a half on Holiday Baking Championship. The only amateur in the comp and the winner.
    agamergirl and MFWalkoff like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I thought I recognized one of the contestants:

He was a hoot and a half on Holiday Baking Championship. The only amateur in the comp and the winner.
    Just give him a show! I think enough people love him that he shouldn't have to go through this.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." Dr. Who (10th doctor and my favorite)

He could join Damaris as a judge on any of the other shows like Guy's Grocery Games and we would all be rolling in the aisles. Both are southern with that sense of humor and timing in telling a joke. I don't know if he'll win, but, I agree...give him a show or a role in every show as a judge, which is where the Next Foodnetwork Star seems to be placed by the network.
    agamergirl likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I like Jason too and think he could do well as a Food Network host/judge.

What I'm TIRED of though is Matthew constantly getting all these chances to return to the competition. He's here YET again in the Comeback Kitchen. I wasn't too thrilled to see Danuska there (all I remember is listening to her was watching paint dry on the wall), but I'd rather her return than Matthew.

Makes me really wonder if he has something on them they must continue to let him try.

Matthew did say this was his last time at a last chance. He recognizes the irony.

+ Reply to Thread