+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 7/13 Food Network Star 10 Show Discussion **West Cost Spoilers**

7/13 Food Network Star 10 Show Discussion **West Cost Spoilers**

"Vegas Pool Party" - Because it seemed like the right time in the season for an episode called "Vegas Pool Party."

Lenny in a speedo? YA NEVER KNOW!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 7/13 Food Network Star 10 Episode 2 **West Cost Spoilers**

Hopefully with his belt buckle?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Luca is back!!! So happy he should never have been eliminated. I still think Lenny is the best. Chris and Sarah both should have went home....
    Kip likes this.
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

FORT Fogey

Lenny definitely knew how to work the crowd. Luca, however, clearly got the female half of that crowd without even trying. If only he had promised to strip down to a Speedo and lap that pool....

Sarah got on my last nerve. Did she really expect a competitor to help her out by giving her the protein of her choice after he got to it first? And seriously, while Texas is famous for beef, it's not the only protein which she could link to Texas. I mean, they're a gulf state, right? Heard of seafood, dear? I also hated that she laughed out loud at a competitor that was having trouble with the buffet channel and then whined endlessly about not getting her precious beef.

I was really impressed by how much Luca seemed to have improved. The fact that he's come so far so fast shows that he not only takes criticism but also doesn't need to be told twice what he needs to do better.

Emma perhaps made a mistake with the way she served her food (though I like it when I can adjust the amount of toppings for myself), but she's still there at the front of the pack, IMO, along with Luca and Lenny. And if Luca doesn't win, well, I suspect he could get a job at Giada's new restaurant pretty quickly.
    jadewarlock and tapper01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Sarah got on my last nerve. Did she really expect a competitor to help her out by giving her the protein of her choice after he got to it first? And seriously, while Texas is famous for beef, it's not the only protein which she could link to Texas. I mean, they're a gulf state, right? Heard of seafood, dear? I also hated that she laughed out loud at a competitor that was having trouble with the buffet channel and then whined endlessly about not getting her precious beef.
    I was *so* ready for her to go home after that. It's bad enough that she doesn't seem to actually understand how to present Texas as her POV, but did she forget the part that it's a COMPETITION? Chris got there first, and he got the tenderloin.

(And I laughed when she wore the tiara.)
    NFL1 and tapper01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Lenny definitely knew how to work the crowd. Luca, however, clearly got the female half of that crowd without even trying. If only he had promised to strip down to a Speedo and lap that pool....
    I agree with both on both accounts. Luca too though cooked something that I'd also want to eat and would fit a pool party. He definitely took his knocks being eliminated early, LEARNED from it and has improved. If he did manage to win (except over Lenny and maybe Loreal) I wouldn't be upset that he is a returnee after being eliminated won the show. He's right now earned that opportunity.

As a Texan, I'm sick and tired of Sarah's "I've got to link it to Texas" attitude. You're right on the seafood bit - Texas is known for it's shrimp and I believe one other form of seafood (clams/oysters I think). Really the only place where beef is a BIG issue is at the Big Texan Steak House in Amarillo and that's because of their 72-ounce steak dinner challenge. (and it's literally big - dinner plate size about 2-3 inches high. I've had the steak... but just a bite given they came to a PR class one day and cut up one for us to sample. )

She is a spoiled, acting like she's entitled brat, a Damaris wannabe (and failing miserably - her "dumb blonde" acting is NOT endearing), she should've been gone the FIRST episode, and if she manages to win, I think she will sink faster than a lead weight in a black hole. (And - just like I feel with another person from reality TV - yes I *know* they edit the shows to fit a certain storyline... BUT you can only be edited based on what you give.)

I was really impressed by how much Luca seemed to have improved. The fact that he's come so far so fast shows that he not only takes criticism but also doesn't need to be told twice what he needs to do better.
    He had to earn his stripes to come back, and given it was something that you can fix relatively quickly if you listen and observe, it helps out tremendously. If he just saw and heard like some of the contestants this season (including Chris tonight), he wouldn't be there and it'd been Reuben (who'd been a revolving door IMHO) or Chad.

Emma perhaps made a mistake with the way she served her food (though I like it when I can adjust the amount of toppings for myself), but she's still there at the front of the pack, IMO, along with Luca and Lenny. And if Luca doesn't win, well, I suspect he could get a job at Giada's new restaurant pretty quickly.
    Emma's mistake was the food, and Alton was blunt about it because she can do better. I think my only issue with her is she is so soft spoken to the point she sounds timid - this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes when she talks I feel like I'm going to fall asleep. I also felt she maybe had easier foods to describe too - I mean, tater tots?

And I agree on Luca... it was funny to watch him and Giada interact on the food descriptions. Will admit I wanted to try said dishes myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I was *so* ready for her to go home after that. It's bad enough that she doesn't seem to actually understand how to present Texas as her POV, but did she forget the part that it's a COMPETITION? Chris got there first, and he got the tenderloin.

(And I laughed when she wore the tiara.)
    I agree it was a competition and instead of working harder to show up Chris, she let her pettiness get to her and it nearly (and should've) gotten her eliminated.

On the tiara, I was going "What is up with all the contestants wearing the feather boas and the like?

One other note - I cannot believe that the one contestant thought she'd get away using a different meat around her scallops. I mean, did she think Alton and Giada would've though "Oh, we're going to do a sample of only a couple of contestants and we'll ignore her?"

I like Loreal because she's different and I think the judges do too. I don't remember there ever being a butcher on one of their shows, and the fact she's a girl (hence Butcher Babe) makes it all the more interesting. However she needs to step up her game if she's going to win- it seems she always has either great food OR a great presentation, but can't seem to get them both together in the same the challenge.

I think Lenny is a riot, but I think his schtick would get old quickly on a show and I don't think his Cowboy POV is all that new or interesting. I feel the same about Luca and his POV. Italian has been done to death, although I do like him. Nicole and Sarah are cannon fodder and there is no way either of them will win. I like Emma, but her POV isn't very strong and her voice is so soft it would put me to sleep as someone said upthread.
    NFL1 and Kip like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    Luca is back!!! So happy he should never have been eliminated. I still think Lenny is the best. Chris and Sarah both should have went home....
    I was so hoping for a double elimination.
    NFL1 and TripleGemini like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I like Loreal because she's different and I think the judges do too. I don't remember there ever being a butcher on one of their shows, and the fact she's a girl (hence Butcher Babe) makes it all the more interesting. However she needs to step up her game if she's going to win- it seems she always has either great food OR a great presentation, but can't seem to get them both together in the same the challenge.

I think Lenny is a riot, but I think his schtick would get old quickly on a show and I don't think his Cowboy POV is all that new or interesting. I feel the same about Luca and his POV. Italian has been done to death, although I do like him. Nicole and Sarah are cannon fodder and there is no way either of them will win. I like Emma, but her POV isn't very strong and her voice is so soft it would put me to sleep as someone said upthread.
    I'm trying to decide if I'd quickly tire of Lenny. Right now, I find myself smiling a lot every time he's on.

I like the idea of Butcher Babe. I'm sure I could learn a lot about meat from Loreal, but so far I haven't - but I'd like to.

I love Luca - but I don't think I'd regularly watch a show about Italian cooking.
    Maybaybie likes this.

What kills Lenny for me is when he's talking to us -- the charm seems to go away, and even though he's still smiling he looks like a crazy murdery guy.
    Arielflies and Moontat like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast