+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 7/6 Food Network Star 10 Show Discussion **West Cost Spoilers**

7/6 Food Network Star 10 Show Discussion **West Cost Spoilers**

"Product Commercial" - The stars create a product and make a commercial for it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 7/6 Food Network Star 10 Episode 2 **West Cost Spoilers**

Oh my, I was laughing so hard at the pepper tasting!
    Ellen, Kip and Moontat like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I hate to say it, but after sending Ruben home.. I can't get behind any of the people left. I used to like Loreal and Lenny.. but they have become almost laughable to the point I don't take them seriously anymore. Emma, well she puts me to sleep, Nicole has a nice POV but is forgettable, Sarah is out of her league, and Chris I frankly would never watch anything he hosted i want to smack him half the time.
    jadewarlock and Mreid1472 like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I like Loreal, Lenny and Chris, and could pretty much see any of them do a Food Network series (though probably short term - from what I've seen only Fieri has had long term success, and he's more obnoxious than Lenny IMHO).

But you are so right FireWoman, Lenny and Loreal are becoming near caricatures and while for some folks that became endearing (Galloping Gourmet and his opening monologue and bumbling at times for example), it's gotten to a point of being annoying.

I think Lenny has looked BEST during the Knotts Berry Farm challenge, and even there had STILL had the (literally) salad plate sized belt buckle. I've seen large belt buckles here in Texas... but good gravy on tofu guy, NONE have been that big except on rodeo clowns, and even theirs is the diameter of the lip of a brandy glass. (my own exaggeration here is to show how exasperated I am with it... )

Emma ... I *see* what she's trying to do, but honestly she does put me to sleep. I wouldn't be upset if she won, but it would be disappointing.

Chris I like and find engaging, but he MUST marry cooking and talking at the same time. He will probably be eliminated for that very reason.

The blonde from Texas (I still haven't really gotten to know her name) I still feel should've been eliminated the first week, and worry she is the winner for that reason (the "She blossomed over the weeks" angle). STILL don't like her either or her cooking.

It was Rueben's time to be eliminated, and should've been eliminated a week or so ago. They gave him too many chances and I still couldn't understand what he was saying half the time.

The *only* possible good thing is whomever comes out of the showdowns that are online. Even then, I still have reservations.

By the way, I'd like to make out one thing - Lenny's pepper sauce... That's far too many hot peppers in the mix. I'm surprised anyone could taste anything after that. Didn't like how he was drinking the milk either (and BTW - Lenny, on hot peppers, bread or crackers works quite well too, less mess, and usually combined with a swig or two of milk will eliminated the worst of the pain.)

Sarah did the baby food, correct? Nice idea once your established but what does that have to do with FNS? And a Texas POV? I knew Emma would be raked over the coals for the accent. Chris' butter looked yummy. I would love to use that in cooking.
    Kip likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Sarah did the baby food, correct? Nice idea once your established but what does that have to do with FNS? And a Texas POV? I knew Emma would be raked over the coals for the accent. Chris' butter looked yummy. I would love to use that in cooking.
    Sarah (now I have her name) decided she'd do baby food with a southwest twist for her item. Honestly, babies don't like a lot of fruits and veggies to begin with, but you add the "lovely" addition of spices used in the southwest food she talked about, I wouldn't want to have to change those diapers. (Mind you, no hot peppers but babies have trouble with sweet corn puree and other simple foods, so complex ones...)

She couldn't try the adult baby food spin - it actually HAS been tried and bombed faster than 7Up Gold and Clear Pepsi (both died out quickly).

And the Texas POV? - she honestly stereotyped us there if that was where she was going. STILL think she should've been gone week one - Damaris could be an airhead but she didn't read flat out and out nonsensical.

Agree on Emma's idea - she was lucky Ramon had been in the bottom several times and had issues with his food. She's been in the bottom at least twice now, so a third time will be her last.

Chris like I said has the charisma and style - I would listen to him in a cooking show and not be irritated long term (unlike Lenny - who as I said I DO like but it does become grating). He can cook, but he's had more trouble marrying them. Another plus, he actually created an item that people could use in many different ways.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I agree, why on earth would you give a baby black beans.. as much as i love them (COULD Live on them!!) i would never give them to a child.. lol
    Ellen, libgirl2 and Mreid1472 like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Sarah (now I have her name) decided she'd do baby food with a southwest twist for her item. Honestly, babies don't like a lot of fruits and veggies to begin with, but you add the "lovely" addition of spices used in the southwest food she talked about, I wouldn't want to have to change those diapers.
    Can't stand pageant queen.
    Yeah, I said the same thing about black beans, peppers, and diapers. (Surprised … or not … that none of the judges pointed out the laxative qualities of coconut milk.)
    I would not want to babysit for the kid eating Sarah's product.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    By the way, I'd like to make out one thing - Lenny's pepper sauce... That's far too many hot peppers in the mix. I'm surprised anyone could taste anything after that. Didn't like how he was drinking the milk either (and BTW - Lenny, on hot peppers, bread or crackers works quite well too, less mess, and usually combined with a swig or two of milk will eliminated the worst of the pain.)
    I'd have no problem handling that mix of peppers.
    But his milk-drinking method? Gross!!!
    (…and wimpy…)
    Last edited by Ellen; 07-07-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The whole idea behind the challenge was just stupid. I don't care if someone is capable of selling sauce on the Great Wall of China/Moon/whatever. I get that this challenge was testing adaptability but honestly, it was really lame, and made the commercials look cheap and cheesy.

Emma's accent and outfit: cringeworthy. I can imagine that being insulting to French people. Her POV is also rather uninteresting.

I agree with all of you about Sarah's babyfood. My very first thought was "would babies even like that?" And I doubt that a parent would think it was a good idea to buy that for the baby. The baby (and likely the parent) probably would not care whether the baby is eating "Texas inspired flavours" or not. Truly bizarre. I find her and Nicole to be pretty forgettable.

One thing I'm surprised the judges didn't comment on at the time was when Lenny was making his sauce and didn't seem to have much knowledge of the peppers he was putting in. He really didn't seem to know about the flavour profiles/heat levels of each pepper, which you should probably know if you are going to be making a hot sauce with them. That really shows that he's not a "food authority", as the judges would say. Also, if he didn't have time to pour milk into a cup or glass, couldn't he have at least tried to get most of it in his mouth? I really didn't need to see him pouring milk all down his beard.

Reuben deserved to be sent home, especially after making those excuses. He's nice to look at when his beard isn't too big but I really don't think he has what it takes. Also, Chad from last season is participating in the Star Salvation challenge, so does that mean that HE could reeenter the competition if he wins against Luca and Reuben? I haven't really been following Star Salvation. Last season it was very anticlimactic.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Chad is out. The competition is between Luca and Reuben with the winner being announced in Las Vegas.
    Kip and Mreid1472 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast