+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 7/6 Food Network Star 10 Show Discussion **West Cost Spoilers**

Re: 7/6 Food Network Star 10 Episode 2 **West Cost Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    I agree with all of you about Sarah's babyfood. My very first thought was "would babies even like that?" And I doubt that a parent would think it was a good idea to buy that for the baby. The baby (and likely the parent) probably would not care whether the baby is eating "Texas inspired flavours" or not. Truly bizarre. I find her and Nicole to be pretty forgettable.

I would imagine Texan baby food is baby food in general. Maybe there might be some differences with the Mexican influence?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Sarah did the baby food, correct? Nice idea once your established but what does that have to do with FNS? And a Texas POV? I knew Emma would be raked over the coals for the accent. Chris' butter looked yummy. I would love to use that in cooking.
    I've made compound butters several times. They can be absolutely yummy. (My husband and son love when I make honey compound butter for biscuits. I think they eat it by the spoonful.) Anyway, compound butters taste great on steaks, and they're really easy to make (especially if you have fresh herbs, which are so much better than dried if you can get them).

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I've made compound butters several times. They can be absolutely yummy. (My husband and son love when I make honey compound butter for biscuits. I think they eat it by the spoonful.) Anyway, compound butters taste great on steaks, and they're really easy to make (especially if you have fresh herbs, which are so much better than dried if you can get them).
    I agree they can be yummy sweet or savory.. but what I did not get is why they all thought it was such a great product??? Anyone with butter and herbs can easily make it at home. It's not like he churned his own butter to make it. As much as I am not behind her or beets in general, Emma had a much more marketable and frankly better product.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I get tired of them choosing so called star quality over food authority. In the long run most of us are watching to learn how to cook rather than be entertained (annoyed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kip, Florimel, Duckyface and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I agree they can be yummy sweet or savory.. but what I did not get is why they all thought it was such a great product??? Anyone with butter and herbs can easily make it at home. It's not like he churned his own butter to make it. As much as I am not behind her or beets in general, Emma had a much more marketable and frankly better product.
    I don't know for sure...maybe the coins were just really good? Or maybe it's a product that doesn't exist? (I honestly don't know because I've never looked for it. Well, except for honey butter, which my mom used to buy for us when we were little.)

CCL

It exists...but then so does hot sauce, baby food etc. And people will/do pay for the convenience of a ready-made product, even if it is simple to make it yourself. And, I mean really, you can't go wrong with butter....mmmm....butter.

I don't know that most people watch The Food Network to learn to cook. I'm sure some/many do but a lot of people do watch just to be entertained. Hence the competition shows, the travel shows etc.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I don't know that most people watch The Food Network to learn to cook. I'm sure some/many do but a lot of people do watch just to be entertained. Hence the competition shows, the travel shows etc.
    While I have seen some items that I would love to cook and can (I get the magazine from time to time), I personally watch the network to be entertained.

I will admit I enjoyed it a bit more when they had the older shows such as the Japanese version of "Iron Chef" and say "The Galloping Gourmet" (and here they have some more recent shows with Graham Kerr cooking HEALTHY foods, still the entertainer too).

But yeah, I enjoy watching shows such as "Cupcake Wars," the "Challenges" (especially sugar ones), and I'd say "Cutthroat Kitchen" currently.

I think they're noticing that too, and the fact that Guy Fieri is to my knowledge the only "FNS" champion who has had long term success on said network (there are others who have cooking shows too, but not as many or on say the Cooking Network), so they're trying to lean more toward folks who can truly be entertaining to be in a show similar to Guy's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" and yet ALSO be able to carry a cooking show.

Of course, thinking about that route, it makes me wonder WHY they'd keep folks like Emma and Sarah, who really do lack in the personality area.

I like the entertainment shows, but when I watch a cooking show I watch it to learn more about cooking. If they are going to host a cooking show I would appreciate them knowing how to cook good tasting food!
    sparklete likes this.

I hope Luca keeps winning, he should have never been eliminated I still havent gotten over that lol. Lenny in my opinion is the best left in the competition, he can cook and definitely has the personality. Emma is nice but just too boring. I was glad to see Ruben go home he made too many excuses and Nicole has done better in other challenges so she deserved another chance.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Some call me Malcolm X, Some call me Malcolm In the Middle, But my birth certificate says Malcolm Reid

My favorite was (and still is) Donna — the first one eliminated.
    I don't like any of the remaining contestants. And really can't stand — in a nails-on-a-chalkboard way — cowboy and pageant queen.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12