Thread: 8/11 FNS Ep 10 - Finale Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

8/11 FNS Ep 10 - Finale Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

Oops! That should've been "...Episode 10..."

Anyway...
    Congratulations, Damaris!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 8/11 FNS 9 Episode 9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

I'm glad Damaris won. I'm on the West Coast and decided not to watch the show, so came here to see who won. I realized that I just didn't care - other than REALLY hoping Rodney didn't win. I'll check out Damaris's show when it airs - I hope she'll expand beyond Southern cooking.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

Re: 8/11 FNS Ep 10 - Finale Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

This is good news! I recorded the show, but wasn't sure if I would watch it or not.
    I couldn't bear seeing Pie Man win, but knowing that Pie Style isn't a go it is probably safe to watch the show tonight.

I still wish that Nikki had made it to the finals, her show concept was the most interesting one to me . I would have watched her show just to get recipe and menu ideas.

I wonder if they will be changing the name of Damaris' show from the concept show name. I noticed that tonight on Bravo there was a show called "Eat, Drink, Love", I did a double take when I saw it in the TV line-up since it is so close to the name that her concept show used.
    mandmmom2 and sparklete like this.

Curious about the "west coast spoiler" thing. I'm on the West Coast FN has been airing "FN Star" here at 6pm all season. (Other networks, however, rarely air anything live over here even when located in California... )

We add that spoiler dislaimer out of habit -- as you said, most shows air 3 hours later in the West Coast, so it's unique that you'd be seeing this show at the same time as the rest of the country. (I'm on the East Coast so I wouldn't know)

Not surprised with the outcome -- they now have a little Paula Deen Jr. all lined up and ready to fill some of the void left in their schedule, if she's up to the task.

I'm going to say it -- I liked Pie Guy and I don't care who knows it. The right person won the competition, but I can see Rodney and probably Russell and Stacey finding their own little corners of cable TV someday as well. In a way, this whole show is kind of fake -- if the network saw 2 or 3 people who they thought might put on good shows, would they really turn the others away and only offer a pilot to one, simply because they "won the competition"?

They really need to bring back last year's format, where the 3 judges were mentors with teams, and Bob and Susie were there every week. I don't think those 3 did a great job selecting finalists and whittling it down to the final 3. It was a subpar group in general. Here's hoping next season is better...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They really need to bring back last year's format, where the 3 judges were mentors with teams, and Bob and Susie were there every week. I don't think those 3 did a great job selecting finalists and whittling it down to the final 3. It was a subpar group in general. Here's hoping next season is better...
    They should only bring back last year's format if they are honest with it. Last year it was VERY obvious that the final three was purposely picked in a way so that all three mentors had a person in the final three. It was also obvious along the way that some of the cuts were to keep the teams a little even. That shouldn't be the case, if all the people on one mentor's team are the worse, they should go home first. If a mentor loses all their members they just become a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Curious about the "west coast spoiler" thing. I'm on the West Coast FN has been airing "FN Star" here at 6pm all season. (Other networks, however, rarely air anything live over here even when located in California... )
    If you are watching it in HD, some of the networks (not usually the Big ones), will air it east coast times. If you check the non HD channels, you will see that they air in the usual 8-10pm time slot.

Anyway, that's how it is for me in Seattle with Comcast. I have always liked it, since I can start watching some of my shows at 5 pacific time, and there isn't so much overlapping in the 8-10 time period.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    If you are watching it in HD, some of the networks (not usually the Big ones), will air it east coast times. If you check the non HD channels, you will see that they air in the usual 8-10pm time slot.

Anyway, that's how it is for me in Seattle with Comcast. I have always liked it, since I can start watching some of my shows at 5 pacific time, and there isn't so much overlapping in the 8-10 time period.
    That must be it I saw it on FN HD. Mystery solved!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

It will be interesting to see if any of the losing contestants turn up anywhere. Adam Gertler's done quite well (after having a couple of FN shows of his own, he's now host of Last Call Food Brawl on some other channel - i don't remember which one). Kelsey got a show on CC. The second place winner of that season (woman from Dallas - can't remember her name) was on a Chopped Celebrity episode.

I liked Rodney at first, but now can't stand him. He seems phony to me. I didn't see Guy's season of Food Network Star, so I don't know how how came across on that. I never cared for Guy's cooking show, but I loved DDD for the first several years (...grew tired of it after a while). I smiled through that show - Guy seemed to really enjoy interacting with the owners, chefs, and customers. Maybe it was all an act, but it came across as authentic. Who knows...maybe Rodney's authentic, but it sure seems like a song-and-dance routine he turns on for the cameras.

I recorded the show, wanted to see who won before watching it. Now that I see that Rodney did not win? I can go watch the show.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast