+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 8/11 FNS Ep 10 - Finale Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

FORT Regular

Re: 8/11 FNS Ep 10 - Finale Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

I didn't watch the finale after seeing that Damaris won. I am glad that it wasn't "Mumbles" Rodney, but Damaris and her show idea do not excite me.

I really wanted Nikki to win. That is the area I have most trouble in....finding creative ways to cook veggies. I either do salads or steam them. That is the extent. Guess I need to start googling to find more creative ways.

I am glad Rodney didn't win. I didn't care for him from the start.

I'll watch some of Damaris' show. I'll give it a chance. But we shall see...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I really wanted Nikki to win. That is the area I have most trouble in....finding creative ways to cook veggies. I either do salads or steam them. That is the extent. Guess I need to start googling to find more creative ways.

I am glad Rodney didn't win. I didn't care for him from the start.

I'll watch some of Damaris' show. I'll give it a chance. But we shall see...
    I pull recipes from several sites on the yet, but two that I have found very helpful are yummly.com and onetsp.com.

Yummly collects recipes from all over the net and is searchable, so you can choose to search on vegetables or on specific veggies or any combination thereof; you'll pull up a long list of recipes to check out. The all have links to the sites they come from.

Onetsp.com has a feature that allows you to clip recipes other sites and save them all in one place.

I hope you find this helpful and I also hope it okay to post this here.
    mandmmom2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was sooooo happy that "not-the-pie-man" won!!! Yay!! Anyone but him!! Ha ha to the b*tchy bobblehead Giada! Your slumming-it boyfriend didn't win!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I pull recipes from several sites on the yet, but two that I have found very helpful are yummly.com and onetsp.com.

Yummly collects recipes from all over the net and is searchable, so you can choose to search on vegetables or on specific veggies or any combination thereof; you'll pull up a long list of recipes to check out. The all have links to the sites they come from.

Onetsp.com has a feature that allows you to clip recipes other sites and save them all in one place.

I hope you find this helpful and I also hope it okay to post this here.
    Thank you! I'll look at both these sites this week as I am working on my September menu (I plan a monthly dinner menu in advance).
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

If you want creative and delicious ways to use veggies (since FN still has an obvious disregard for plant-based nutrition as per Nikki's POV), check out the Good Earth Farm's website and newsletter. These are my cousins, whom I trust, and of whom I am very proud:
    Farm website: Good Earth Farm Home Page
    Newsletter (with great recipes): GEF Newsletters

Maybe FN or Cooking Channel will wake up. But in the meantime, maybe the above will help.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    If you want creative and delicious ways to use veggies (since FN still has an obvious disregard for plant-based nutrition as per Nikki's POV), check out the Good Earth Farm's website and newsletter. These are my cousins, whom I trust, and of whom I am very proud:
    Farm website: Good Earth Farm Home Page
    Newsletter (with great recipes): GEF Newsletters

Maybe FN or Cooking Channel will wake up. But in the meantime, maybe the above will help.
    Awesome! Thank you!
    Ellen likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

News about the show Damaris is going to do: Food and Love: Better Together on Damaris Phillips' Southern at Heart | FN Dish

The need-to-know-info: Southern at Heart on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 10:30am/9:30c.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123