+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 8/11 FNS Ep 10 - Finale Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

Re: 8/11 FNS Ep 10 - Finale Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

Happy Damaris won! Now, they will mold her into the tv personality they desire. She has all the basics so FN will do the rest.

That said, she sure seemed demure and very much unlike her self on last night's show. Not at all what I expected.

I am happy for Demaris. I am sorry but I could hardly understand a word Rodney said plsu I am not a huge pie fan.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I was glad Damaris won, especially when Russell was named third. When that happened, I seriously thought (and from Damaris' body language even she thought) Rodney was going to win this.

While I do think Rodney has passion ... a. you can't understand a word he says, b. has unrealistic ideas for what can be turned into a pie (and I'm sorry dear, but not everything can be turned into a pie), and c. really read more of another Guy than Damaris does of a Paula Deen Jr. (She reminds me of a cross between Graham Kerr for her off the cuff remarks, and a few other older cooks in her skills and charm - well charm too with Kerr).

Russell - I admit I liked. He reminded me of BA in "The A-Team" - tough guy with a heart. He really did try his best and I think he is a good chef. Though I wouldn't eat his cooking, I love watching cook shows for the entertainment - he had some of that in his pilot. He just didn't have enough votes to be the final two.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Also happy the Damaris won. It was obvious last year - from very early on - that Justin was going to be the winner . . . . but look where it got him. No one even knows when he show is on or IF it even is!!!

I can't see the concept of 'cooking to catch the girl' lasting very long. It's kitschy but cute. A little bit goes a long way.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

The Food Network will change the name and concept of DaMaris' show to whatever they think they want or need. They've done it before, as with Melissa and a couple of the others, including Kelsey on the Cooking Channel. She does seem adaptable and malleable, which is what they want.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

DVR'ed the show to watch later. Then my twitter feed blew up! I live in the Louisville area and saw lots of tweets congratulating Damaris. May or may not watch the episode.

I was glad she won. I think she fits in better with the Network then Russell (and I liked him) and at least I can understand her! She is cute, bubbly and can be subdued when needed.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    DVR'ed the show to watch later. Then my twitter feed blew up! I live in the Louisville area and saw lots of tweets congratulating Damaris. May or may not watch the episode.
    The episode itself was a snoozefest -- all it was was an hour-long clipfest of the season. You didn't miss a thing.
    Florimel likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    The episode itself was a snoozefest -- all it was was an hour-long clipfest of the season. You didn't miss a thing.
    I only tuned in to the announcement. I watched American Ninja Warrior instead. I knew it would be a clipfest. The season wasn't that exciting to begin with, why re-hash it?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    They should only bring back last year's format if they are honest with it. Last year it was VERY obvious that the final three was purposely picked in a way so that all three mentors had a person in the final three. It was also obvious along the way that some of the cuts were to keep the teams a little even. That shouldn't be the case, if all the people on one mentor's team are the worse, they should go home first. If a mentor loses all their members they just become a judge.
    I agree. This is precisely the reason I didn't like that format. I remember that (some of the time) they had to nominate one person from each team for elimination, which made no sense, since someone from a winning team who did reasonably well (but not as well as the rest of their team) would be up for elimination. Possibly in the place of someone who was worse than they were. And yes, it was extremely obvious when cuts were made to even up the teams. I do think that Suzie and Bob should be at judging every time. The only thing I did like about the format was the team challenges. There were very few this season.

I was going to watch this episode, but then I saw that Damaris won, and realized that, although she's been my favourite for the past few episodes, that I just don't care all that much. As long as Rodney didn't win. This season all-in-all was rather underwhelming.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast