+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 7/28 FNS 9 Episode 8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

7/28 FNS 9 Episode 8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

"Menu Impossible" - Robert Irvine runs this week's challenge, where the contestants have to save the menu of a failing restaurant.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/28 FNS 9 Episode 8 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

Pah Stahl MUST GO! Chicken Cacciatore inside a deep-fried PAH?!
    Ellen and Dragonlady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Pah Stahl MUST GO! Chicken Cacciatore inside a deep-fried PAH?!
    And yet...he's still there. He should have been the next to leave.
    Florimel and Dragonlady like this.

I actually believe in Rodney and his 'pie style'. Alton made a very important point at judges table tonight -- most of these have been 1-hour challenges, and you can't do a really good, finished pie in an hour. Of all the dishes, I would have tried Rodney's and Russell's first. But only once they were on the menu and were given the right aount of time to be prepared.

It's good that Russell won, but I worry that he shouldn't be there anyway. He still fumbles in front of the camera, which may be his downfall next week. I don't know if Nikki should still be around instead, but I would bet Russell will go next. Then again, after the mini-challenge I was convinced Russell would go this week, so who knows.

I don't want Stacy to win. She'll never be able to loosen up the way they want her to -- she is wound way too tight for that. Maybe she can produce a show where that's an asset, but I doubt it's the show she's going to pitch if she gets a pilot.

For me it's down to Demaris and Rodney. I like Demaris, but I'm not quite sure what her 'thing' is. She's nice, she sparkles on camera, but what will she teach me? But then there;s Russell, who keeps coming back from the dead. I do like him -- but does he have the stuff?
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-29-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'm shocked that Rodney is still there. After the first couple of episodes, he became really annoying. I wouldn't watch his show. I'm not that thrilled with the concept either. I probably wouldn't watch a pie show no matter who the host is. I'm just not that interested in making pies. I thought more of Nikki as a culinary authority than I do Rodney.
    Florimel likes this.

I will never understand why Rodney is still here. Nothing he creates is that good, in fact, it usually is lousy. Giada seems to think differently. What is her problem with him?
    As of tonight, I still think Demaris has the right stuff. She's cute, and as someone else said, she does sparkle. I usually like what she produces re food and I think with some tutoring, she'd be good at her own show.
    But being Hollywood, they'll probably make her lose 30 pounds and change her country-girl looks, which I wouldn't like. She's just fine the way she is.
    Florimel likes this.

I was pretty shocked last night!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

After last night I'm liking Stacy less and less. It seems as if she is becoming more fake as the episodes go on. The less scripted she tries to be, the more it comes off as such...and that constant gigantic toothy grin drives me nuts.

As I mentioned last week, I liked Nikki's POV and I know the judges did too. I'm really surprised they let her go- she may have needed some tweaking, but she seemed like more of an authority on food than some still there.

Pah Stahl (Bahahahahaha!!). I'd like to see what he can do with more time, but his presentations aren't good and he's hard to understand and he really hasn't made much in the way of good food either. I don't think he'd be a good FNS.

Rodney. I know he's the 7 Deadly Sins guy, but did he just decide to take a break from his POV last night and cook something completly opposite that? It didn't tie in at all and they loved it. Maybe he can cook, but his camera stuff is awful- very choppy like when kids are first learning to write and instead of commas to tie a thought together they use lots of periods:

"The grass was green. It was long. I played in it. We had fun."

I like Damaris...I think while Nikki and Stacy were duking it out she is coming from behind. I think she needs to tighten up her POV because there are several southern gals on FN, so she needs a new hook, but otherwise I like her. She would also make a good host.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Rodney. I know he's the 7 Deadly Sins guy, but did he just decide to take a break from his POV last night and cook something completly opposite that? It didn't tie in at all and they loved it. Maybe he can cook, but his camera stuff is awful- very choppy like when kids are first learning to write and instead of commas to tie a thought together they use lots of periods:

"The grass was green. It was long. I played in it. We had fun." .

Russell - the 7DS guy - cooked his chicken in 'vermouth' so technically, it was alcohol, but . . . . . if I saw it right, it was wrapped in plastic wrap so the chicken didn't actually touch the liquid. I was hoping the judges would ask (for clarification), but they didn't. I liked Russell in the beginning, then I kinda lost interest. I'd still take him over Pie Guy. Russell talks slowly, but I don't need subtitles to understand what he's saying like I do with Rodney, who runs his words together in a mumble-jumble - it's like listening to someone talk with their mouth full of marbles.

Not sorry to see Nikki go home - although I wish it had been Rodney.

If I was going to make time to watch a cooking show, I would watch Demaris or Stacey. As it is right now, I dvr Pioneer Woman and Trisha Yearwood. Then I fast forward through to parts I am not interested in to get to the good stuff. All in all, I end up watching about 8 minutes of a 30 minute show.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I know he's the 7 Deadly Sins guy, but did he just decide to take a break from his POV last night and cook something completly opposite that? It didn't tie in at all and they loved it. Maybe he can cook, but his camera stuff is awful- very choppy like when kids are first learning to write and instead of commas to tie a thought together they use lots of periods:

"The grass was green. It was long. I played in it. We had fun."
    ^^This exactly! The way that he talks on camera drives me batty.

I would still take Russell over PIE STYLE any day . At least you can understand what he is saying.

I do not understand why the judges are so enthralled with Pie Man, he is such a poser. He has them all thinking he is the best. thing. EVER. I just don't get it.
    I hope that Bob T and Suzie F will see the light and finally send his dumb azz home. They probably will take the spineless wonder route, and send all four through to the finals; that way America can decide. Ugh!
    Kip and Florimel like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast