+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 7/21 FNS 9 Episode 7 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

Re: 7/21 FNS 9 Episode 7 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers

Well, the outcome of "Star Salvation" ended up being pretty anticlimactic. I'd rather have seen Rodney get the boot, but their whole team was pretty bad. I don't know what Giada finds so appealing about Rodney; I know I wouldn't watch him. He is memorable but it's not in a good way. I like Damaris and Nikki, but Damaris's POV isn't original enough and I like Nikki's better. Stacey I've come to notice is too "smiley". Nothing wrong with being happy of course, but it seems a little fake when she has a huge smile for the entire segment. And crying when their team was safe because she would have been eliminated if they'd lost, well, just be happy you won then, because right beside you is a person who will be eliminated, so suck it up. I think that overall the male contestants this season were pretty weak.
    Kip and beerbelly like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    Well, the outcome of "Star Salvation" ended up being pretty anticlimactic. I'd rather have seen Rodney get the boot, but their whole team was pretty bad. I don't know what Giada finds so appealing about Rodney; I know I wouldn't watch him. He is memorable but it's not in a good way. I like Damaris and Nikki, but Damaris's POV isn't original enough and I like Nikki's better. Stacey I've come to notice is too "smiley". Nothing wrong with being happy of course, but it seems a little fake when she has a huge smile for the entire segment. And crying when their team was safe because she would have been eliminated if they'd lost, well, just be happy you won then, because right beside you is a person who will be eliminated, so suck it up. I think that overall the male contestants this season were pretty weak.
    I agree, Salvation was a waste of time. At least if someone comes back, you kind of hope they make an impact.

I was aghast with Giada. I don't want to watch Rodney either! What is wrong with her????

Stacey, while the possible winner, does fake smile. I sometimes find it annoying, and I like her. I understand she wants to look enthusiastic, but not all the time!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

We vote this year, right? I think Giada is going to be surprised if Rodney makes the finals.

Not surprised with Lovely walking right back out the door. I actually expected it to happen that way. I'm not a fan of the pie man with his pie style (whatever that is ) but I can totally see him being Guy Fieri 2.0 after seeing him this episode. That type of show would suit him better than one where he's doing a cooking demonstration and teaching a recipe.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    Not surprised with Lovely walking right back out the door. I actually expected it to happen that way. I'm not a fan of the pie man with his pie style (whatever that is ) but I can totally see him being Guy Fieri 2.0 after seeing him this episode. That type of show would suit him better than one where he's doing a cooking demonstration and teaching a recipe.
    Ugh, I don't need to see another one of him!
    Florimel likes this.

Pie Man drives me batty!
    And who wants a star of a show that you can't understand and uses all that trendy, young slang.
    Doesn't he realize how silly he looks/sounds speaking the way he does at his age? He seems to be trying to be "So Cool" but it just comes off badly. I don't understand Giada's love for this guy at all.
    I'm not impressed with his cooking skills nor his personality. He has yet to perform well in any of his camera spots.

I'm probably in the minority but I think Demaris has the most potential. She'd need a lot of coaching but I think it could work.
    Stacy does very well on camera but Demaris has an odd quirky personality that makes her stand out. Nikki is too vanilla.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

I'm probably in the minority but I think Demaris has the most potential. She'd need a lot of coaching but I think it could work.
    Stacy does very well on camera but Demaris has an odd quirky personality that makes her stand out. Nikki is too vanilla.
    I agree 100%. Right now Demaris is the one I would like to watch the most. I like her quirky silly personality.
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    I agree 100%. Right now Demaris is the one I would like to watch the most. I like her quirky silly personality.
    I'm starting to lean more towards her right now. WE all know they like "personalities" and while Stacey is polished and cool, she's just too much of that. They also need a Paula Deenlike person, silly and quirky (sans controversy).

I don't get Rodney either and Stacey just fell on her face - she seems fake and hard to really get to know. Pie man has stayed way too long. I liked the BBQ guy.
    NFL1 likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I like the idea of a teaching show. Maybe teaching a technique to a different person each show and making two or three things highlighting that technique.
    I thought the best tricks and tips in the past few years were from Melissa? (the 10 dollar dinner winner)...I don't like the 10 dollar dinner concept... wish they'd have her do tips/techniques. Damaris just drives me crazy, like a dizzy southern blonde? I want to watch a show with a respectable, knowledgeable person with personality. Not sure there's someone left that really has this?
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast