+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 7/14 Food Network Star 9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

7/14 Food Network Star 9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

"Star Charity Auction" - The contestants have to use a weird ingredient to make a dish that will be auctioned off to foodies with money.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 7/14 Food Network Star 9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Why is that Pie Man still there? I really don't understand why they don't just cut him loose tonight. His camera challenge w/ Bobby Flay was horrid and his presentation at the auction was beyond ridiculous. His is bad week after week, yet they keep giving him more chances.

Please Food Network, put your viewers out of their misery and send Pie Man home. Thank you .
    Ellen, dzigner, Arielflies and 1 others like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Why is that Pie Man still there? I really don't understand why they don't just cut him loose tonight. His camera challenge w/ Bobby Flay was horrid and his presentation at the auction was beyond ridiculous. His is bad week after week, yet they keep giving him more chances.

Please Food Network, put your viewers out of their misery and send Pie Man home. Thank you .
    I wish Pie Man had been sent home long ago, but they couldn't very well get rid of him tonight as the judges thought he had the best dish. I liked Chad early on, but I agree with the judges that he hasn't grown (in fact, I think he's faded). Chad didn't do well on the speaking challenges either, and his food apparently wasn't that good.

With the way the final challenge was set up, I was afraid Pie Man would get the most money and be saved. I thought with Rodney being last, that there would be a lot of people bidding as it was their last chance to taste a dish alongside the judges. But, Rodney ended up not needing the save.
    NFL1 likes this.

In short - I have a stammer which makes it tough at times to be understood.

Even at my worst, I am better understood than Rodney. While I know he had the best dish last night and was saved, he is NOT someone whom I want to see win this show. He's inarticulate, he's more often than not had fair to poor dishes, and he comes across as full of himself.

I'm not a huge fan of Russell (because he too tends to still stay in the theme of "Seven Deadly Sins") but he's more articulate and he does have a bit of a BA Barracus vibe - as in can be tough but has a heart of gold.

And the guy from "Big Daddy's Bite" or whatever the show was called (I know he was a controversial win regardless) was more articulate.

I want to see a woman win this season more than ever. If Rodney is voted as the winner by us, it'll be a shame. He shouldn't even be a consideration honestly.
    Ellen and cubsfan55 like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'd be very surprised if a woman doesn't win this season. It looks like it will be Stacey or Nikki. Stacey seems the most polished, but Nikki is catching up. I like Nikki's show concept the best, but I'd watch either of them.

Rodney was interesting for an episode or two; then he became annoying.

I liked Aaron McCargo (Big Daddy) well enough. He's been on a few Bar Rescue shows as the chef brought in to revamp the bar menus.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

I like Nikki's show concept the best, and would watch that for new dishes that feature veggies.

During her presentation she talked about her Food Network show concept a bit differently, she no longer referred to it as "veggies on the side". The way she presented it sounded very interesting, and you could see Bobby & Giada nodding their heads in approval while she was talking. Does anyone recall what she said in describing the concept of her show?

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I'd be very surprised if a woman doesn't win this season. It looks like it will be Stacey or Nikki. Stacey seems the most polished, but Nikki is catching up. I like Nikki's show concept the best, but I'd watch either of them.

Rodney was interesting for an episode or two; then he became annoying.

I liked Aaron McCargo (Big Daddy) well enough. He's been on a few Bar Rescue shows as the chef brought in to revamp the bar menus.
    I liked Aaron myself quite honestly - he made a variety of dishes in the same vicinity that I wanted to try myself.

That said, he did need to work on his diction at times because he'd come across muddled. I've been watching TV with captions for years (an international student I roomed with used that to teach her - VERY WELL might I add - English), so I have little trouble getting the whole comment, but if I didn't know about captions, I'd had trouble.

I'd say Stacey, Nikki and Demaris (if she'd REIGN IN the innuendoes) I think should be the top three. If they INSIST on having a male in the final three - Russell for me now only.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Sorry to see Chad go. I liked him. He was neither boring nor frantic, just a nice steady in-between. Sure, he would have had to broaden his concept, but they have people to help him do that if he gets his own show.

Been saying for awhile now that they've already picked Stacey to win and each week only serves to cement that notion in my head.

I probably would not watch a show that Demaris was hosting, but I wouldn't mind hanging out with her at a party. Nikki still bugs me. She doesn't come off 'preachy' about the meat-on-the-side thing, but I feel like she's secretly judging me for wanting to make the burger front and center.

Not sure about Russell - the guy seems to have a problem with mood swings. If he does well, he's on top of the world. If he's stumbled, everything's going to H3&& in a hand basket. He needs to find a center and realize that there will be good days (that you treasure) and bad days (that you learn from).

I would NOT watch the Pie Man Show. Simply would not. He reminds me of the guy you meet at a bar/party. You aren't quite sure if he's drunk or stoned or what, but you know something is "off" about him. If you are speaking English and I still need subtitles, we have a problem!
    Ellen and Duckyface like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I liked Chad, but it was true he got worse as time went on. Although this is almost impossible to avoid when you start off as a frontrunner as he did for the first couple of episodes. Unless you can maintain that momentum all the way through, you appear to be "deteriorating" or "not progressing". In reverse of course, starting off middle of the pack and then becoming a frontrunner tends to bode very well.

Eliminate pie man! He's so annoying and loud and over the top. He really should have been criticized more this week for not following the basic instructions for the challenge and using the minute to actually talk about the food instead of that ridiculous "astronaut" bit that took almost 40 seconds. Although he finally delivered on the pie so of course could not be eliminated. But a rhubarb and strawberry pie doesn't seem all that original of an idea to me, but I don't know if that came up in judging or not. What really strikes me is that he seems to hear the instructions for a challenge and just be like "whatever, I'm going to do it my way and be different and do something unexpected", even when this means completely missing the point of a challenge like this week. Or doing something embarrassing like attempting to play guitar and sing in front of the food executives (cringe-worthy just thinking about it). Giving him a show would be a huge mistake, since most of it would probably be filled with useless schtick unrelated to pies or food.

With pie man Rodney, hopefully the judges will have one of those moments on this show where they "suddenly" find a fatal flaw in a contestant that has been there the whole time and eliminate them. Evil drag queen witch Penny from season 7 was a classic examples of this, going through half a season until the judges suddenly realized that she wasn't "warm" (when she had constantly clashed with other contestants, even hissing like a cat at one of them during judging).

Still like Stacey and Nikki.
    Kip likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

FORT Fogey

Rodney is bad and they know it. He would have been out last but they loved his pie best. Pies are easy to make so even if he did have a good personality you just cannot make a show out of that.

I think they want Damaris to win. They are coaching her very hard and fast. She has a way to go but she may make it. They love her quirks.

Stacey is good but boring. Chad is falling fast. Russell has no point of view.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast